• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#61 zorlack76

zorlack76
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mswenna74@yahoo.com
    ? How much are the resorts in Cancun and what comes with the packages, prices will help
    Just about all of the resorts have great websites that you can look at. Just go to yahoo or google and type in whatever resort you are looking for. Im guessing all of them, or at least the ones you would want to have a wedding at, have a Wedding/Anniversary/Honeymoon section on their site which list prices. Most of them also have a section that you can "Book your Trip." Just type in the dates you want to go, select a flight, and see how much it costs. Im guessing the average DW and homeymoon (if you stay at the same resort for both) cost $7000-$10000 USD. Of course it could be a lot cheaper than that depending on how long you stay, how many people comoe to the wedding, etc. Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.

#62 BunnyBear

BunnyBear
    • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:18 AM

seriously, does Gaby have another email address or something?? I haven't heard a thing from the WCs since I sent back my Q&A a month ago! Hope they know I'm still alive and wanting to get married there lol
      Kerry

#63 zorlack76

zorlack76
      • 259 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

Arrrr!!! OK, Gaby finally got back to me in reference to an updated price list for everything. However, she sent it in .xls (Microsoft Excel) format. Of course I dont have excel. I tried downloading the free trial, and of course it wont let me do that either. Any ideas?? Does anyone have an updated price list that is not in .xls format?

#64 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:57 PM

can you use a different computer that has excel and open it there?

If your computer has spreadsheet (I think thats what its called) its like the version of excel that comes with some computers, you can use that program to open the file usually, sometimes the formatting will be a little messed up but at least you can read it.

#65 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
          • 466 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by zorlack76
            Arrrr!!! OK, Gaby finally got back to me in reference to an updated price list for everything. However, she sent it in .xls (Microsoft Excel) format. Of course I dont have excel. I tried downloading the free trial, and of course it wont let me do that either. Any ideas?? Does anyone have an updated price list that is not in .xls format?
            TRY THIS FREE VIEWER:

http://www.microsoft....displaylang=en

#66 zorlack76

zorlack76
            • 259 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:59 AM

I got it!!! Thanks all!!! And just about everything she sent me I have previously found on the website!!! Hahaha...well, maybe I should be more clear with her next time. Dreams should have a wedding packet that they could send to us that details EVERYTHING from rooms to DJ's to the price of decor. But they dont of course, so until then, Ill keep hoping for the best. Hahaha

#67 epargin

epargin
              • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie here and just wanted to say hello! I am a Dreams Bride, November 2009 - still waiting on date confirmation so I'll update that as soon as I hear back from them!

I look forward to getting to know you guys - and THANK YOU for all the info, especially the pictures, they are priceless for planning purposes!

#68 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
                • 466 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BunnyBear
                  lol, I'm not seeing a lot of August 2009 brides on here either come to think of it! I've been warned it is hurricane season...I'm just gonna hope for the best on August 28, 2009!
                  FYI..August/September is peak hurricane season for the Caribbean and Gulf Of Mexico. Honestly, there is no way to predict weather. We all just have to hope for the best. I DEFINITELY recommend purchasing Travel Insurance during those months. I purchased it and mine is in June 2009. Good Luck!

#69 BunnyBear

BunnyBear
                  • 17 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:55 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SIMBASIM
                    FYI..August/September is peak hurricane season for the Caribbean and Gulf Of Mexico. Honestly, there is no way to predict weather. We all just have to hope for the best. I DEFINITELY recommend purchasing Travel Insurance during those months. I purchased it and mine is in June 2009. Good Luck!
                    oh yes, travel insurance is a must for this trip. I've heard it's not a bad idea to purchase wedding insurance as well... has anyone heard of this or done this?
                    Kerry

#70 Tony&Jessica

Tony&Jessica
                    • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:28 PM

JUST CONFIRMED!!!

Getting married October 10, 2009! I've been getting a lot of responses from Gaby, but that might be because I'm using a travel agent as well...she usually gets answers to my questions within a couple of days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users