Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#4601 MissMeg

MissMeg
  • Site Supporter
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

For any of you looking for videos/photos of the resort, I found this great YouTube channel that shows you the ceremony and reception areas. It is 3 years old and there have been some remodels at the resort since these were filmed, but they at least give you an idea of the locations. 

https://www.youtube....kTravel/videos 

This is a video of a wedding- I believe at the Captain Morgan beach location

This is a video from Barcelo regarding the wedding- although it does not show all of the locations the greatest

“We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea - whether it is to sail or to watch it - we are going back from whence we came." -John F Kennedy

#4602 MissMeg

MissMeg
    • Site Supporter
    • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

Does anyone have a list of the restaurants and bars at each hotel? Searching the website, they just provide the # of bars and the type of cuisine for each restaurant, not the name- from what I am seeing. If anyone could provide me a list, or a link to the information, that would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance :)

“We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea - whether it is to sail or to watch it - we are going back from whence we came." -John F Kennedy

#4603 cometgirl

cometgirl
      • 106 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

@MissMeg If you Google Barcleo Maya Beach Resort Property Map, it will give you images of the resort and a listing of where things are. 

#4604 shadow26

shadow26
      • 5 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 2, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya
      • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

Restaurants: the newly remodeled lobby/shopping between the Beach & Caribe hotel buildings: Strikers (sports bar with hot apps/snacks), Mexican Lindo (Spanish- great),  an Italian and Japanese - both good; and a buffet as well.  

For the restaurants between the Colonial & Tropical buildings: Capri (Italian - great), Santa Fe (Steakhouse - ok), Kyoto (Japanese - ok) and Marenostrum (Seafood - ok); of course there is a buffet for bkft, lunch & dinner. Don't miss the breakfast buffet, it is wonderful.

The 'grill' restaurants are near the pools/ocean and all serve buffet style for lunch.

I did not eat at the Palace, though I was told the French themed one was very good.

~Denise

Wedding 2/2/2015 Barceló Maya Tropical Resort, Rivera Maya Mexico

#4605 MissMeg

MissMeg
      • Site Supporter
      • 40 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

@shadow26 - thank you, it was the new restaurants that were added with the renovation that I really needed.

@cometgirl - thank you, I had a property map, but I couldn't find an updated map that reflected the new restaurants near Beach/Caribe. 

#4606 amandalynn

amandalynn
        • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

Newbie following this forum! Great info here. Thanks!

#4607 shadow26

shadow26
          • 5 posts
          • Wedding Date:February 2, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya
          • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

For those with a spare 35 minutes... here is a link to the YouTube video I put together of my wedding day and full ceremony on 2/2/15

The pictures were taken around the Barceló Maya Tropical resort (front lobby and beach), the symbolic ceremony was at the Capital Morgan beach, and dinner was on the Capitan Morgan grill terrace.   Everything was fantastic!!!

@MissMeg the map they give you onsite is still the old one too.

~Denise

Wedding 2/2/2015 Barceló Maya Tropical Resort, Rivera Maya Mexico

#4608 kimmyd2

kimmyd2
          • 75 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 19, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Tropical
          • LocationWinnipeg, MB, Canada

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:34 PM

For those with a spare 35 minutes... here is a link to the YouTube video I put together of my wedding day and full ceremony on 2/2/15

The pictures were taken around the Barceló Maya Tropical resort (front lobby and beach), the symbolic ceremony was at the Capital Morgan beach, and dinner was on the Capitan Morgan grill terrace.   Everything was fantastic!!!

@MissMeg the map they give you onsite is still the old one too.

Awesome pics @shadow26 thanks for sharing !! Was that the resort photographer?

Forever can never be long enough for me, to feel like I've had long enough with you...19/01/2016

#4609 riskyteacher

riskyteacher
          • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:12 AM

Here is a link to my review of the Barcelo Maya Colonial, and our wedding info.  We got married on March 14, 2015.  Feel free to ask me any questions!!!

http://www.bestdesti...olonial/#review

Edited by riskyteacher, 30 March 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#4610 JoshB

JoshB
            • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

We were going to go with our resorts photography as we didn't want to pay the 500$ extra. however we found Octavios webpage though a link on this site, his SIX hour package plus the 500$ deposit and 10% off comes under what we were going to pay from ocean studio.  Looking over his photos we decided that he was the right choice for a photographer.  Octavio was very quick to respond with any questions/answers we had regarding his services.  We are getting married in TWO WEEKS! and can't wait to meet him and get the photos done.  We will let you all know how it goes when we return!

This is his website if you want more information

http://www.octaviomo....com/index.html

He has a promotion on right now for 10%!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users