Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4890 replies to this topic

#4151 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
  • 389 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Looks great! I'm totally happy with that location :) Thank you for the photos.  Love your bride and groom signs!  Do those big lights come with the package? 

Yup the big lights were set up with everything, no charge, or else we'd have been in the dark! As I said, the wrapped trees were never charged to us either. The Bride and Groom signs I actually made myself :) just printed the words on paper from word and put them in the frames, then hot glued our coloured ribbons on them!

#4152 Heidilynn

Heidilynn
    • 40 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

Yup the big lights were set up with everything, no charge, or else we'd have been in the dark!
      As I said, the wrapped trees were never charged to us either. The Bride and Groom signs I actually made myself :) just printed the words on paper from word and put them in the frames, then hot glued our coloured ribbons on them!

That's what I figured, LOL 

Such an easy craft makes such a great photo opp and decor piece, I think I might steal your idea ;)

I was scrolling through the photos and also saw that you posted your playlists, so thank you!! I will have to take a look through them. 

Did you do OOT bags? or Wedding Favours? I really want to get everyone something, but obviously want to keep costs low, and I want it to be something useful or fun, not something they're just going to throw away. Also nothing UBER heavy because I have to bring it with me. Thinking a cup of some sort, with a lid and straw, and maybe a fun pool toy, frisbee, beach ball, water guns? I don't know....... 

#4153 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
      • 389 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

W

That's what I figured, LOL  Such an easy craft makes such a great photo opp and decor piece, I think I might steal your idea ;) I was scrolling through the photos and also saw that you posted your playlists, so thank you!! I will have to take a look through them.  Did you do OOT bags? or Wedding Favours? I really want to get everyone something, but obviously want to keep costs low, and I want it to be something useful or fun, not something they're just going to throw away. Also nothing UBER heavy because I have to bring it with me. Thinking a cup of some sort, with a lid and straw, and maybe a fun pool toy, frisbee, beach ball, water guns? I don't know....... 

We didn't so OOT bags, too much to carry down and expensive to do, we did have favors, ill put a pic here, we purchased the bottles from michaels with a 50% off coupon, had sand and purchased the seashells online, they were super inexpensive to make. We printed the cards ourselves too. Posted Image And I'm not sure who was asking earlier, if it was you or not but here are our centrepieces. We brought them down ourselves, they are 2.99 vases from ikea, purple cellophane paper crinkled in them, filled with water. Then I made organza flowers and hot glued them to purple led lights (also bought for 50% off at michaels). Here are the centrepieces: Posted Image And as for the playlist, thanks, our guests were very impressed by the song choices and we were happy with the way the dance party took off! It was a bit of work, but so worth it in the end as it saved us a TON of money!

#4154 prisp

prisp
        • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

Hi ladies,

I am wanting to get married there next March. Do any of you have 2014 available dates from the resort? I have e-mailed the weddings coordinator twice and haven't heard back. I am kind off anxious to know if I will even be able to have it there. :)

#4155 Heidilynn

Heidilynn
          • 40 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by prisp 

Hi ladies,

I am wanting to get married there next March. Do any of you have 2014 available dates from the resort? I have e-mailed the weddings coordinator twice and haven't heard back. I am kind off anxious to know if I will even be able to have it there. :)

You'll need to wait to hear back from the coordinator, as far as I know available dates aren't posted anywhere. They'll get back to you, but they can take a week or so sometimes to email back. 

#4156 Heidilynn

Heidilynn
            • 40 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

W
              We didn't so OOT bags, too much to carry down and expensive to do, we did have favors, ill put a pic here, we purchased the bottles from michaels with a 50% off coupon, had sand and purchased the seashells online, they were super inexpensive to make. We printed the cards ourselves too.

And I'm not sure who was asking earlier, if it was you or not but here are our centrepieces. We brought them down ourselves, they are 2.99 vases from ikea, purple cellophane paper crinkled in them, filled with water. Then I made organza flowers and hot glued them to purple led lights (also bought for 50% off at michaels). Here are the centrepieces:

And as for the playlist, thanks, our guests were very impressed by the song choices and we were happy with the way the dance party took off! It was a bit of work, but so worth it in the end as it saved us a TON of money!

Very pretty centre pieces and gifts :) I think i'm going to bring vases, and floating candles, and have them scoop some sand into them. 

We will definitely be bringing our own playlist! I better start brainstorming songs now, LOL

#4157 Kristina610

Kristina610
              • 68 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Does any one know if they provide candles? Pillar candles to make a center piece with sand? And what about just small tea lights or votives or the tables to have burning?

#4158 ArtisticBride

ArtisticBride
                • 16 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hello Brides!  Does anyone know how long/wide the large rectangular tables are?  We are just having one big table and I wanted to order a runner for it, but don't know the dimensions.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

#4159 LaurenV26

LaurenV26
                  • 23 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

Hello Ladies,

I have decided on the Barcelo in Riveria Maya as my choice for a destination wedding and am ideally looking to plan this for April/May 2014. I have emailed the resort numerous times for date availability and pricing to get the ball rollling and have not been able to get someone to respond with the information I need. From the reviews I have read, it appears that everyone has had such a positive experience working with the Barcelo team and wedding cordinators - Is there any advice you can provide in regards to what the best way to get a call back is when you have decided on the location and need to start the planning and date selection? Any tips or experiences that worked for you that you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

#4160 julienelson0713

julienelson0713
                    • 201 posts
                    • Wedding Date:July 6, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace
                    • LocationEdmonton

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

Just got back from our wedding and honeymoon at the Barcelo Maya Palace and it was amazing!! Feel free to check out my facebook album to see some pics  https://www.facebook...20406427&type=1 or message me with questions. I will do a full review ASAP :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users