Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4890 replies to this topic

#1061 nisi1125

nisi1125
  • Newbie
  • 11 posts

    Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbarnes

    I know...I still haven't received the menu yet either! Though I did find it on one of the pages on this site. Did you get yours? I decided to do the Strawberry Passion package. Gee I hope the weather turns out for the both of us. We got the photographer booked and are trying to finalize a few things with Gabriela but she never gets back to us. It's very frusturating.

    I heard that the hotel has a docking station for an iphone so you can use that for your music set-up. We only have 20 guests, and I thought that would be good enough. So, I am trying to find out if the docking station will take also an iphone or if it has to be an ipod.

    We are getting quite excited and can't wait to hit the sun and beach. Any new developments with you?
    Hey dbarnes, I am getting the mint breeze package, but Victoria informed me that their audio system is only compatible with an ipod (or cd's), but specifically said the iphone would not work. Sorry to break the news.

    #1062 barcelobride10

    barcelobride10
    • Newbie
    • 7 posts

      Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

      Hi ladies,

      I was wondering if any of you have seen photos of the different menu options for the reception dinner? My fiance and I are having a hard time choosing the different options just based upon the titles of the food. Since they don't give a really good description I have a hard time invisioning what the presentation of the food will look like. Would love to see photos.

      Thanks for the help!

      #1063 t&kJanuary2010

      t&kJanuary2010
      • Jr. Member
      • 196 posts

        Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

        Does anyone have a price list for the SPA? Please let me know where I can find it if anyone has sent it anywhere. Thanks a bunch!

        #1064 dbarnes

        dbarnes
        • Newbie
        • 18 posts

          Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:14 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by t&kJanuary2010
          Does anyone have a price list for the SPA? Please let me know where I can find it if anyone has sent it anywhere. Thanks a bunch!
          Hi t&k.

          I found this link. I have a feeling the services and rates are a bit out of date. But this might be a good starting point for you. Hope it works.

          Cheers,

          Spa | UNOFFICIAL BARCELO MAYA

          #1065 beachbride17

          beachbride17
          • Newbie
          • 14 posts

            Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:51 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by dbarnes

            I know...I still haven't received the menu yet either! Though I did find it on one of the pages on this site. Did you get yours? I decided to do the Strawberry Passion package. Gee I hope the weather turns out for the both of us. We got the photographer booked and are trying to finalize a few things with Gabriela but she never gets back to us. It's very frusturating.

            I heard that the hotel has a docking station for an iphone so you can use that for your music set-up. We only have 20 guests, and I thought that would be good enough. So, I am trying to find out if the docking station will take also an iphone or if it has to be an ipod.

            We are getting quite excited and can't wait to hit the sun and beach. Any new developments with you?

            We're doing a package offered by Air Transat and I just received the menu. It's not as vast as the Strawberry Passion package but it's still hard to decide. We don't have the Surf and Turf as an option. Too bad, that's what I was looking forward too.
            I think we're pretty much set until we get there. I hear that's where you choose your menu, flowers, cake, etc. Where are you getting married and having your reception?
            We're bringing an ipod too for music and have 23 guests.

            #1066 pebbles

            pebbles
            • Newbie
            • 54 posts

              Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:55 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by t&kJanuary2010
              I have questions for some of you brides that already got married. How did you pay for the wedding? In advance, travelers checks, credit card? I know credit cards charge international fees...just wondering if anyone had ideas on the best suggested method??

              Let me know thank you!
              Hey t&kJan2010
              Did you find out about this yet? I was wondering the same thing. I would rather bring travelers chqs vs a creditcard or cash. If the travelers chqs get stollen or something then you can cancel them. I guess I will just email Xhail (WC) to find out.
              Your wedding is so soon!!!!!

              Cheers!
              Sabrina

              #1067 bride2b10

              bride2b10
              • Jr. Member
              • 320 posts

                Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:17 PM

                Does anybody know what color bows are included in the package? Is there a bright blue?
                http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

                21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

                #1068 Christabella

                Christabella
                • Newbie
                • 29 posts

                  Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:55 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by bride2b10
                  Does anybody know what color bows are included in the package? Is there a bright blue?
                  Xhail told me there is chair covers (white) & a selection of free sashes(Cream, royal blue, red, white, & coral for free) or other colors for $5 a sash just to rent.

                  #1069 staceychris17

                  staceychris17
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 196 posts

                    Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:56 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jenny84
                    Hi Everyone,
                    I have been to the Barcelo Palace before so please feel free to ask any questions. I am new to the wedding planning part but would love to help answer anything I can.
                    Happy Planning everyone
                    When you were at the Barcelo, did you think the weddings on the beach were private? Or were the lounge chairs with people on them too close and ruined the intimacy of the wedding?
                    ~Stacey

                    #1070 staceychris17

                    staceychris17
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 196 posts

                      Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by t&kJanuary2010
                      Anyone use Barcelo DJ? We have him booked but downloaded all our own music. My FI just wanted to have someone else run the show.
                      Hi How much does the DJ cost and how long does he play for?

                      Thanks:)
                      ~Stacey




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users