Ladies! We are off tonight to go to the BARCELO Maya Palace for our wedding. Feb 1 2012. Yahoo! Thank you everyone on this site... it's been a lifesaver! :D

Yahoo!!! Have a great time and let us know how it goes!

Originally Posted by CarlaN View Post

Ladies! We are off tonight to go to the BARCELO Maya Palace for our wedding. Feb 1 2012. Yahoo! Thank you everyone on this site... it's been a lifesaver! :D

Congratulations!  Hope your day is beautiful!

Originally Posted by CarlaN View Post

Just a question (I always have a few!). My future mother in law just informed me that the resort may not want our flower girl throwing out paper/silk flower petals down the aisle as it will leave litter for the resort (as they may blow in the wind, etc). 

Does the resort allow the fake petals? What did other brides use?

Thank you again x

we were just married last Wednesday, and they allowed my daughter to throw real rose petals...they cleaned them up right away....even later on in the evening there was always someone close by to sweep them up...we found it kind of funny. I don't know about fake petals though

No they won't allow fake flower petals. I took 2 bags of freeze dried petals with me and our w/c double checked them to make sure they were real so we could use them. You can also buy them through you w/c if you don't want to bring them with you. I needed more so purchased additional from the resort.

I can totally undertand why they want you to use real ones though. I know they rake them up but some always get away so they need to be biodegradable. The resort is so clean and it's good that they make sure they maintain this in every way possible.

Originally Posted by kisekae View Post

Just a question (I always have a few!). My future mother in law just informed me that the resort may not want our flower girl throwing out paper/silk flower petals down the aisle as it will leave litter for the resort (as they may blow in the wind, etc). 

Does the resort allow the fake petals? What did other brides use?

Thank you again x

Did anyone use the resort spa for hair/makeup??  I cannot find pricing for it any where and the information sheet claudia keeps sending me doesnt seem to have it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by holls213 View Post

Did anyone use the resort spa for hair/makeup??  I cannot find pricing for it any where and the information sheet claudia keeps sending me doesnt seem to have it.

SPA LIST.jpg