I have a question, I hope someone has an answer for me!

My fiance and I have reserved our wedding date the Barcelo and I was just wondering if we decide to have a symbolic wedding (not legal) can we still have a "Under the Stars" package or do we have to use the "Renewal of Vows" package? The Under the Stars package has way more to it and I don't want to have to add all these things to the Renewal of Vows package for a ton of extra money!

If anyone knows it would be a great help for me. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishB12 View Post
I have a question, I hope someone has an answer for me!
My fiance and I have reserved our wedding date the Barcelo and I was just wondering if we decide to have a symbolic wedding (not legal) can we still have a "Under the Stars" package or do we have to use the "Renewal of Vows" package? The Under the Stars package has way more to it and I don't want to have to add all these things to the Renewal of Vows package for a ton of extra money!
If anyone knows it would be a great help for me. Thanks!
Hey Trish,

Typically the Renewel of Vows are for those already married and want to renew their vows. So they would expect you to choose a package other than the Renewel. Just like you, we are not having a legal ceremony, instead we are having a religous ceremony. We are getting married in May and our wedding package, Ocean Scents, has been confirmed.
Hope that helps!!
smile159.gif

Hi Everyone! I just read that someone got confirmation from the WC at Barcelo that they no longer allow outside photographers and have changed their policy to this recently. Is anyone else aware of this or have information about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianBride View Post
Hi Everyone! I just read that someone got confirmation from the WC at Barcelo that they no longer allow outside photographers and have changed their policy to this recently. Is anyone else aware of this or have information about it?
My wedding planner checked with Gabriela, the head wc @ barcelo, and we just need to purchase two day passes for two of our outside photographers :) Our wedding is May 23, 2009!
Hope that helps!!
popcorn.gif

I wonder what they would say if we wanted to bring our friend, who's not technically a photographer yet, and he's staying at the resort the whole time we are..

Thanks, Ladies. Is anyone or have any past brides done a welcome dinner at the Barcelo? Do you know if you have to book that in advance and the locations that are available to have a welcome dinner at?

Hi! I am so excited to finally have the date down. We are getting married in July'09 and I love the idea of a fairly easy wedding! After looking at this for the past few hours I am now realizing there are many decisions and research to do. I am not sure if I should bring centerpeices, torches, name cards, candles, and maracas( I thought that was a cute idea for the plates). Does anyone who has had the wedding there or attended a wedding there have recommendations? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraW View Post
I wonder what they would say if we wanted to bring our friend, who's not technically a photographer yet, and he's staying at the resort the whole time we are..
Cara,

It should not be a problem. We were originally going to have a friend take photographs then changed our mind. Barcelo can't make you use their photographer, and since your friend is staying at the resort it shouldn't be a problem. Always confirm with the wc there.

smile72.gif