Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#761 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
  • Jr. Member
  • 279 posts

    Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:28 PM

    Not to be a post hog, but the one thing I would recommend to all you girls getting married at MP is meet with your WC as soon as possible, tell her all of your concerns and your requests and then sit back and relax. They know exactly what they're doing. My WC kept coming up with suggestions for things I never thought of. Also, the day of the wedding, while you're getting ready, your WC is whipping your bridal party into shape at the gazebo. She will discuss the processional with you when you meet and she will let everyone in the bridal party know what is going on, so you dont have to worry about it. Just make sure everyone gets to the gazebo early, my wedding was at 4 and bridal party was there at 3:30. Just relax and have fun, these people really know their stuff. Make sure to enjoy your wedding day, dont worry about small things, the day just goes by so fast, keep taking mental pictures of everything for future memories.
    Robert & Eugenia

    July 23, 2008

    #762 mtomas5555

    mtomas5555
    • Jr. Member
    • 156 posts

      Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by MoonPalacePookie
      Not to be a post hog, but the one thing I would recommend to all you girls getting married at MP is meet with your WC as soon as possible, tell her all of your concerns and your requests and then sit back and relax. They know exactly what they're doing. My WC kept coming up with suggestions for things I never thought of. Also, the day of the wedding, while you're getting ready, your WC is whipping your bridal party into shape at the gazebo. She will discuss the processional with you when you meet and she will let everyone in the bridal party know what is going on, so you dont have to worry about it. Just make sure everyone gets to the gazebo early, my wedding was at 4 and bridal party was there at 3:30. Just relax and have fun, these people really know their stuff. Make sure to enjoy your wedding day, dont worry about small things, the day just goes by so fast, keep taking mental pictures of everything for future memories.
      Sounds like great advice, Pookie! Thank you!

      #763 ashrose

      ashrose
      • Jr. Member
      • 422 posts

        Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

        Pookie, you rock!

        #764 ntanzob

        ntanzob
        • Newbie
        • 92 posts

          Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

          Click the image to open in full size.


          Click the image to open in full size.

          Just a couple of pictures for you guys!

          Pookie - you and your husband look wonderful! I hope everything was what you expected plus some.

          Pookie is right about her comments - everything will turn out perfect. They are a well running machine over there and all the pre-stress is not even worth it.

          Take care,
          Nicole

          #765 mtomas5555

          mtomas5555
          • Jr. Member
          • 156 posts

            Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:06 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ntanzob
            Click the image to open in full size.


            Click the image to open in full size.

            Just a couple of pictures for you guys!

            Pookie - you and your husband look wonderful! I hope everything was what you expected plus some.

            Pookie is right about her comments - everything will turn out perfect. They are a well running machine over there and all the pre-stress is not even worth it.

            Take care,
            Nicole

            Nicole,
            You look absolutely beautiful!! I love your dress... perfect!!

            I just have a question for any of the married women on here or brides to be....

            Are any of you putting together an itinerary for your guests?

            I made an itinerary for the day of the wedding only and I enclosed a map of the moon palace that I printed off their website. I highlighted where our gazebo is, where the wedding dinner is and where the disco is. (We're hoping to hit the disco after all the festivities).

            Any other ideas? Is anyone including anything else?

            Thanks so much!

            -Melissa

            #766 ntanzob

            ntanzob
            • Newbie
            • 92 posts

              Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

              Hi Melissa,

              What I did was create a calendar for the week with 4 "free" days, plus the wedding day schedule, and then I planned two tours for the group to do as a whole. In addition to that, I had a welcome dinner on the first day all guests arrived. We had 22 of us there and I would do it the same way again. We had a blast! Just enough group days to see everyone and visit and enough free days for everyone to go on their own and do their vacation thing. I heard nothing but positive remarks from everyone! I was worried about a couple of our guests having a great time - and I was even able to please them with the resort. It was great! I honestly do not think anyone can make a bad decision by having their wedding and group of guests coming to Moon Palace.

              You will have a lot of fun!

              Nicole

              #767 mexico2009

              mexico2009
              • Newbie
              • 22 posts

                Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:06 PM

                I just received my contract for the room block, im so excited!!!!

                I had a question for you 09' brides. When she sent me the first set of info, one of the promotions was kids 12 and under stay free, ( with parent in same room). When she sent the contract, it was not on there.

                So, do kids stay free or not?

                Thanks!

                #768 Dez921714

                Dez921714
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,489 posts

                  Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:17 PM

                  I've got kids under 4 free and up to 17 they are $50 per night.

                  Hope that helps.
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

                  150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

                  #769 mtomas5555

                  mtomas5555
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 156 posts

                    Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:30 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ntanzob
                    Hi Melissa,

                    What I did was create a calendar for the week with 4 "free" days, plus the wedding day schedule, and then I planned two tours for the group to do as a whole. In addition to that, I had a welcome dinner on the first day all guests arrived. We had 22 of us there and I would do it the same way again. We had a blast! Just enough group days to see everyone and visit and enough free days for everyone to go on their own and do their vacation thing. I heard nothing but positive remarks from everyone! I was worried about a couple of our guests having a great time - and I was even able to please them with the resort. It was great! I honestly do not think anyone can make a bad decision by having their wedding and group of guests coming to Moon Palace.

                    You will have a lot of fun!

                    Nicole
                    Thanks Nicole!
                    Did you have a welcome dinner and use the free dinner for your ceremony night as well? They told me since I am using the free dinner as my "wedding" dinner, I can't do a welcome dinner. I wonder if there is a way for me to put our names in with the wait staff and be able to eat at a restaurant that sits 23 people. I forget which ones hold that many people. I am using the steakhouse as my wedding dinner, so if I was able to do a welcome dinner, I wouldn't want it there.
                    Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
                    And I have to tell you how young you look! You go girl! You are beautiful!!

                    #770 Dez921714

                    Dez921714
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,489 posts

                      Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ntanzob
                      Click the image to open in full size.


                      Click the image to open in full size.

                      Just a couple of pictures for you guys!

                      Pookie - you and your husband look wonderful! I hope everything was what you expected plus some.

                      Pookie is right about her comments - everything will turn out perfect. They are a well running machine over there and all the pre-stress is not even worth it.

                      Take care,
                      Nicole
                      Nicole, you look absolutly stunning!!! I can't wait to see more picutres! :) It looks like you had a great day :) And I would have never guessed that you're old enough to be married for 20 years!!!

                      Is that your son blowing bubbles behind your husband? lol too cute :)

                      Congtats again!!!!
                      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

                      150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users