Sign in to follow this  
cutierosie

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Hi everyone - I thought this would be helpful too. This is the list of restaurants at the resort and the group sizes they can accommodate.

Restaurants In Nizuc

Manglar Rest. - Italian Buffet, Air Conditioning, casual dress code. (For no more than 35 people)

Arrecifes Rest. – Brazilian Style, Air Conditioning, casual dress code. (For no more than 35 people)

Palapa Delfines Rest. – Grill, open air, casual dress code. (For no more than 25 people)

Caporales Rest. – Mexican, a la carte, Air Conditioning, casual dress code (For no more than 10 people)

Caribbean Rest. - Air Conditioning, formal dress code ( long pants), set menu (For no more than 10 people)

Restaurants in Sunrise

Gondola Rest. - Italian Buffet, Air Conditioning, casual dress code. (For no more than 35 people)

Bugambilia Rest. – Mexican Buffet, Air Conditioning, casual dress code. (For no more than 35 people)

Barrucada Palapa – International /Steak, a la carte, ocean front, casual dress code. (For no more than 30 people)

Fragata Palapa- Seafood buffet, ocean front, casual dress code (For no more than 30 people)

Momonohana Rest. – Oriental food (chinese, japanese and Thai), a la carte, Air Conditioning, Formal dress code (long pants) (For no more than 10 people)

Golf Course

Trattoria Rest. - Italian a la carte, Air Conditioning, formal dress code (long pants). With set menu (For no more than 10 people)

Bambu - Oriental a la carte, Air Conditioning, formal dress code.(long pants) (For no more than 10 people)

If you can't open my previous posts, let me know and I can email them to you directly.

yea!! Thanks for the restaurant info!

**** Heads up!****

Although this is not so much MP specific, a friend of mine just returned from Cancun and her biggest suggestion is to bring bio-degradable sun block. They charge a fortune in the tourist zone ($25/bottle) and will not permit you to snorkle, or swim with the dolphins, etc... if you use standard sun protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWandMJ View Post
Laura,
You are allowed to remove the red aisle runner. From what I understand, its basically just a long rubberized rug.

Hello

Thank you so much for your response. I am making my own aisle runner as I would like to remove the red one currently there.

Do you happen to know how long the aisle is - specifically the Chapel , Tucan Gazebos?

As well, does anyone know how long the aisle can be if you are doing a terrace ceremony?

Thanks again - Much Appreciated =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amduran View Post
Hi everyone - I thought this would be helpful too. This is the list of restaurants at the resort and the group sizes they can accommodate.

Restaurants In Nizuc
Manglar Rest. - Italian Buffet, Air Conditioning, casual dress code. (For no more than 35 people)

Arrecifes Rest. – Brazilian Style, Air Conditioning, casual dress code. (For no more than 35 people)

Palapa Delfines Rest. – Grill, open air, casual dress code. (For no more than 25 people)

Caporales Rest. – Mexican, a la carte, Air Conditioning, casual dress code (For no more than 10 people)

Caribbean Rest. - Air Conditioning, formal dress code ( long pants), set menu (For no more than 10 people)

Restaurants in Sunrise

Gondola Rest. - Italian Buffet, Air Conditioning, casual dress code. (For no more than 35 people)

Bugambilia Rest. – Mexican Buffet, Air Conditioning, casual dress code. (For no more than 35 people)

Barrucada Palapa – International /Steak, a la carte, ocean front, casual dress code. (For no more than 30 people)

Fragata Palapa- Seafood buffet, ocean front, casual dress code (For no more than 30 people)

Momonohana Rest. – Oriental food (chinese, japanese and Thai), a la carte, Air Conditioning, Formal dress code (long pants) (For no more than 10 people)

Golf Course

Trattoria Rest. - Italian a la carte, Air Conditioning, formal dress code (long pants). With set menu (For no more than 10 people)

Bambu - Oriental a la carte, Air Conditioning, formal dress code.(long pants) (For no more than 10 people)

If you can't open my previous posts, let me know and I can email them to you directly.

Terrific - thanks for posting.

I do believe that you can have your WC send you the list of the restaurants in a pretty format so that you may distribute to your guests.

Thanks =)

Happy Planning

Quote:
Looking for insight from anyone thats stayed on the Grand side....please!

I called to book our hotel reservation today for a superior deluxe room on the Grand Side. We desperately prefer a room with a view of the ocean. Is there any particular room or building that we should request that would ensure a nice view?

Much love and appreciation!
We are also requesting the Grand Side for us and our guests. It is specifically written in our booking with our TA.

I have been told it is the best - new and spacious. Quite private!

I would suggest that you check our trip advisor - a great site that details many resorts. They are reviews & pics posted of the Moon and the Grand specifically.

All the Best
Laura

Quote:
Hey, have any of you ladies figured out how you'll decorate the pews/chairs?

Going to decorate with ribbons and flowers - provided by the hotel.

There are some great pics on trip advisor where you can see what brides have done in the past.

As for the pews - I am hoping flowers on the ends or fabric. We are using our own aisle runner and possibly purchasing the flowers to be strewn on the ground. As well I have mini star fish that I will also use to border the aisle.

What are you thinking? Specifically the pews?

Are you have a Catholic Wedding? Are you booked in the Chapel?

Quote:
Annouk, the quickest and easiest way to accrue points is to go into the Newbies thread and say 'welcome' to the list of newcomers.
Help . . . How do you have sooo many points?

What am I doing wrong? I have just as many posts with little points.

As well I have little authority to do things and I have no idea how to attach files and pics.

I have plenty to share with little knowlegde on how to.

Thanks for you help!
Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleGrifa View Post
Help . . . How do you have sooo many points?

What am I doing wrong? I have just as many posts with little points.

As well I have little authority to do things and I have no idea how to attach files and pics.

I have plenty to share with little knowlegde on how to.

Thanks for you help!
Laura
I don't think I have full authority either if it helps.
Are you openning several attachments that others have posted? Anytime you open one, it charges something like 50 points...that includes everytime you have to open the same attachment. I'm not sure if you get charged for openning website links though.
All I've done is scan through a few sundry threads everytime I'm on, and I make sure that I've logged on. I've also started a handful of new threads. You also get some decent points if you're the one posting an attachment.
Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you. Sorry!

Does anyone know if freeze dried rose petals can get confiscated by customs in Mexico? I was thinking of buying some, but I was afraid they would be taken away from me when I entered the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amduran View Post
Does anyone know if freeze dried rose petals can get confiscated by customs in Mexico? I was thinking of buying some, but I was afraid they would be taken away from me when I entered the country.
After I ordered ours, I started having the same feeling... After a little research, I was able to find that a good rule of thumb is to keep them company sealed in their original packaging. I wonder if it would be to suspicious if you hide them like in the inner-interior of your luggage?
Also, theres a chance your luggage won't even been inspected.
I read on one of the threads that if you place a sweet note inside of your checked luggage stating that you're en route to your wedding and pleading that they be kind to the contents, they will actually put things back nicely in the event its searched.

Cancun International Airport - Customs