Photo

Dreams Hotel Room Paid in Full to lock-in date??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 astevens11

astevens11
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:26 PM

Hi Ladies,

In speaking with Yessica several times today, she keeps informing me that I need to pay for my hotel stay at Dreams Resort in order to lock in our wedding date. Is this true? Did anyone else have to do this? I wasn't prepared to pay in full 3,600 dollars (now) to book our hotel stay with Dreams in order to lock-in our wedding date. In addition, we will have to put another $3,000 dollar deposit down in order to block our guest rooms with the hotel. Yessica informed me that she will need to receive our confirmation number before she can lock-in our date and start planning for our wedding. I just wanted to know if anyone else has gone through this? Any help would be appreciated.

I was prepared to pay a deposit to block my guests rooms, but I'm not prepared to pay my hotel room stay for 7 nights in full, in addition to the deposit for my guests. I think this is a lot of money up front!!

#2 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by astevens11
      I was prepared to pay a deposit to block my guests rooms, but I'm not prepared to pay my hotel room stay for 7 nights in full, in addition to the deposit for my guests. I think this is a lot of money up front!!
      I worked with Tammy (the host) on our room block and that is what we put down a deposit for. We didn't have to pay for the entire stay but maybe if you go through the hotel it is different. Have you considered talking to a TA about it? I would see if Tammy is available...she is awesome and so helpful with everything!

#3 Leia78

Leia78
      • VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JessicaM
        I worked with Tammy (the host) on our room block and that is what we put down a deposit for. We didn't have to pay for the entire stay but maybe if you go through the hotel it is different. Have you considered talking to a TA about it? I would see if Tammy is available...she is awesome and so helpful with everything!
        Ditto for me!

#4 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
        • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:57 PM

I did not do a room block. I just did a wedding confirmation. I don't have to pay anything until I get to the hotel in May 2009, but I am working with an off site WC so I gues she will handle this.

#5 astevens11

astevens11
          • 18 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:50 AM

Ladies,

I did speak with Tammy this afternoon and she is working it out for me. What a relief!! :-)

#6 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:58 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JessicaM
              Ditto again!

#7 ErikaSue

ErikaSue
              • 36 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

I went with TA Jennifer and I already feel SO relieved!. She's awesome

#8 astevens11

astevens11
                • 18 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

I decided to use travel agent Tammy Wright (host of forum). She was able to block 15 rooms for me and provided Yessica with my confirmation number. I did not need to pay for my room in full in order to lock in the date. Since Tammy blocked by rooms for me, I will just need to pay the deposit for my room. My date is now locked in for July 4, 2009.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users