Help With Dress Alterations..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

Hey everyone,

So today I think I might have found my dream wedding dress while searching online. The only problem is how will I know what size to buy?? I wear a size 12on a day to day basis. I know many brides on here purchase their dress ONLINE, but my question is what if when I get it, it turns out to be too small or too big, Then what? Will a nearby Bridal Salon such as David's Bridal do alterations for me, you think? Also, I was wondering, what about the length of the dress?? I'm not sure what to do Please Help.

#2 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

When you call and order your dress ask them, usually you have to buy 2 sizes bigger in some cases but not in all of them. They should be able to guide you.

#3 kr3611

kr3611
      • 127 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

From what I know you always need to order one size larger (i.e. size 14). I wear an 8 but the 10 fit perfectly. The bridal consultant said it's always much easier to order it bigger and alter in vs. order too small.

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:53 PM

Each dress maker should have sizing information available online. Always go with the sizing recommendation of that particular brand since all designers use different measruement guidelines.

Is the dress brand available in any stores? If so, go there and try it on and get measured and use those measurements when ordering.

David's does not do alterations on dresses bought elsewhere. I am not sure about other big-name bridal salons ... but most independent salons will do alterations on any dress for you.

#5 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
          • 292 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:44 PM

Thanks for your help guys. Unfortunetly, they only have one bridal store that carries that dress in Illinois. I really don't want to have to go all the way out there just to try it on. But maybe my Maid of Honor & I can take a road trip soon. Oh well, if not I'll def. get it 2 sizes bigger online. Thanks so much for the feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users