Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

how are you ladies dealing with people who are not RSVPing or contacting you about the wedding. As it's getting closer to my deadline, my room hold expires today and I still have some people that haven't given me any notification if they are coming or not (one person being my crazy aunt). Have you been calling them to remind them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 2 weeks before my group rate expired, I sent out an email to those I had not heard from to ask them to RSVP and to remind them of the group rate expiration.  After that, I just let it go.  I was annoyed that a couple booked less than 1 month before the wedding, and I did what I could to make sure they had an OOT bag - but it had fewer items in it than the other bags did.

I would say to give a single reminder and that is it.  If your parents want to follow up additional times with any relatives, then they can take that on.

 

Originally Posted by Sasha030412 View Post

how are you ladies dealing with people who are not RSVPing or contacting you about the wedding. As it's getting closer to my deadline, my room hold expires today and I still have some people that haven't given me any notification if they are coming or not (one person being my crazy aunt). Have you been calling them to remind them?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is annoying. surprisingly enough everyone on my list has already booked their room and 3/4 of them already have their airfare as well. Glad I am not dealing with that stress!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks, I had to send out like 10 emails and only one couple booked before this week!!!! so annoying! But at the same time they are making the effort to come all the way out to mexico for the wedding so i can't really show them how annoying it is.

 

now my crazy aunt won't tell me if she's coming unless i personally call her and ask... any advice on how to deal with psycho relatives you don't want at your wedding?

 

I know this is off the topic of Dreams but maybe someone else is in my position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're so lucky! it's been really hectic getting everyone to book without sounding too pushy
 

Originally Posted by jana297 View Post

That is annoying. surprisingly enough everyone on my list has already booked their room and 3/4 of them already have their airfare as well. Glad I am not dealing with that stress!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will all work out for you. I just gave tham all a deadline. I told them all I needed to get there rooms booked so that I could reserve outr room at the upgraded room. If you get 10 rooms booked you get a free upgrade!  Try putting that in the meail or tell them all there is several weddings that week and to ensure they get a room they need by such and such date.

 

Originally Posted by Sasha030412 View Post

You're so lucky! it's been really hectic getting everyone to book without sounding too pushy
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They all know that! I told everyone the perks that I get and the ones they get plus the deal that my agent got was better than any out there and still some booked outside of the agent and the rest are booking right at the deadline. 

 

The wedding is March 4th, we are staying 2/22-3/6. My fiance wanted to cut it to 2/24-3/6 but ended up forgetting when he booked our flight today!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone tell me what the tables are like for the dinner? Do you have an option of round or square tables and do you know how many people each table seats? I'm just trying to do my seating arrangements...

 

Also, I was thinking of using chair bows for the ceremony. I was hoping to have pink and orange as my wedding colors. I know the hotel offers chair bows but has anyone used them and do they come in a variety of colors??? I'm wondering if I can use the ones the resort has rather than having to buy my own... Thanks :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do believe there are rectangular tables you can use, but we used round.  In my opinion these tables most comfortably sit 6-8 ppl.  You could try and cram in 10, but it would be tight.

 

I am not sure how many coolors the wedding coordinators have on hand, but you will likely save money by bringing them with you.  I think the resort charges you $4 per chair bow, where as you can buy them from $0.99-$1.49 on several different websites.  If you purchase or rent chair bown for the ceremony, the resort staff will move those bows to the reception chairs for free.  Another suggestion:  if you have extra chair bows, the staff can tie them onto the pillars of the gazebo (if you don't have floral corsages) to give the pillars color.
 

Originally Posted by Channing View Post

Could someone tell me what the tables are like for the dinner? Do you have an option of round or square tables and do you know how many people each table seats? I'm just trying to do my seating arrangements...

 

Also, I was thinking of using chair bows for the ceremony. I was hoping to have pink and orange as my wedding colors. I know the hotel offers chair bows but has anyone used them and do they come in a variety of colors??? I'm wondering if I can use the ones the resort has rather than having to buy my own... Thanks :)

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×