Photo

DIY rhinestone bikini??

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Tobi

Tobi
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

I would love to suprise my FI with a bikini the day after the wedding that says "Mrs. B..." in rhinestones. Can't I just make one of these with a packet of rhinestones and some special glue? How would I get the letters straight? Please help! I checked online and I see some for like $50 so if I have to, I guess I will just buy one.
    Thanks DIY experts!

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

i don't know how, but it's a cute idea! someone on here made some undies themselves, i think they hotglued the bling on to a pair of lacy boyshorts. let me go see if i can find it.. BRB..

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

dang it i cant find it i remember they were black lace and i remember she described how it wasn't that easy doing each gem by itself, but for the life of me i can't rememebr who it was! sorry

#4 Bride010101

Bride010101
    • 1,547 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

Cute idea! Do they sell individual rhinestone letters that would make it easier?

#5 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

Do you know anyone that ha a bedazzler? that could help.

#6 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
        • 1,881 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:18 PM

great idea!!! I like Becky's idea
          http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#7 Bride010101

Bride010101
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

Hmm... trying to search but everything I can find is expensive. Each letter isn't bad... but they will add up quickly (especially depending on the length of your new last name)
            Rhinestone Monogram Stickers (set of 12)

*oops... sorr just realzied those were for a set of 12... let me keep looking

#8 Tobi

Tobi
            • 163 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:32 PM

how about iron-on transfer? would i burn the material if i try to do it that way?
              im el cheapo anyways but i would normally say ok to a $50 bikini except the cruise will be the only time i want my last name plastered across my @ss so it will never be used again...thats why i am looking for inexpensive alternatives.

#9 FYB87

FYB87
              • 976 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

I do figure competitions and usually get my bikinis made. But sometimes I add crystals for more sparkle. I buy the swarovski crystals from Michaels and use a glue called k2000 (I believe that's correct I can check when I get home). The glue is fantastic. You have to be very careful though. But, I would only do that if you can't find the actual letters. Because it can be pretty time consuming.

#10 Monique

Monique
                • 415 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:38 PM

Hobby Lobby sells the rhinestone letters in various sizes and colors and some words...let me see if I can find the link...if you have one in your home town it would be worth calling...Oh they also have rhinestone iron on transfers...I think it would be okay on a swim suit to use the iron on transfers...just put your iron on a lower temp or use a cloth or buffer between the iron and the material you're using!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users