#31 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Janet
    I hope this comes across in a supportive/loving way, not a critical way, because I am totally not being critical here...just wondering what kinds of things the fund might do to support Ann? ie. pay for a hotel room for Paul, or flowers or gifts or some kind of treat or...something more practical that I am not thinking of? I'm really just curious and happy that everyone is pitching in to help.

Ann & Paul are looking at potentially having to live in CA for a couple months, based on how Nugget does in the NICU. We're still throwing around ideas of what we want to do to help, but we're hoping to be able to at least be able to perhaps help a little with their living expenses while they are there. Also, Ann & Paul both travel a ton, so they may have FF Miles, or hotel credits at their disposal- Ann & I haven't really talked about that yet. At the very minimum, we will send them a care package, probably some restaurant gift certificates, etc to help while they're there.

If you have any other ideas feel free to post them :)

#32 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

OK so did Ann have Nugget? Or is she still in labor?

#33 DreaW

DreaW
      • Banned
      • 2,462 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

i will log in to paypal when I get home today, I promise

#34 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kat81
          OK so did Ann have Nugget? Or is she still in labor?
          She's still in labor, they're trying to hold her labor off until at least tomorrow so Nugget's lungs have a better chance of being mature...

I just talked to Ann and Paul is there with her now. Yay!

#35 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

When you talk to her again please tell her how she is in our thoughts and prayers and she has sooo many people sending good thoughts her way.

#36 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:32 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kat81
              When you talk to her again please tell her how she is in our thoughts and prayers and she has sooo many people sending good thoughts her way.
              Thank you Kathi. I will. I've told her how much everyone is worried about her, and she really appreciates all the positive thoughts and prayers.

I will talk to her again tomorrow and post another update then...

#37 Martha

Martha
              • VIP Member
              • 3,906 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:41 PM

oh no, I had no idea.

I wil keep all 3 of them in my prayers. I will log in to paypal after supper.

#38 Opice34

Opice34
                • 414 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sarah
                  She's still in labor, they're trying to hold her labor off until at least tomorrow so Nugget's lungs have a better chance of being mature...

I just talked to Ann and Paul is there with her now. Yay!
                  She's STILL in LABOR?!?! OMG!!! I feel faint. I don't know how people handle that. Poor thing.

I PMEd Christine about PayPal alternatives. I've had issues with PayPal in the past and don't have an account anymore...

I'm sure living out of a hotel/hospital for a couple of months is going to get costly very quickly! I'm sure they'll want to fly their parents out as well and they'll need a hotel too...

#39 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:03 PM

Have them check with the Ronald McDonald Charity. When I was three I was super sick and had to have my spleen removed. I was in the hospital for three months. My Mom got so much help from them. They gave her a place to stay and some food vouchers.

#40 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

I sent mine in early this morning when I couldn't fall back to sleep because I was worried about them. I know you girls will come up with something great to help them feel at home in california.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users