Photo

Anyone Headed to Jamaica Soon...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

I was wondering if anyone headed to Jamaica in the near future could do me a favor.

I am so curious about the progress on the new Riu in Montego Bay that we have booked. I've searched online for pics, but they are all really tiny and I can't tell if it's a ral pic or an artist model.

If you are headed there could you make sure to take a peek at the hotel as you drive by...or maybe a pic if you can? It's right next door to the Sandals Royal Carb. I just want to know how far along it looks. The curiousity is killing me.
    Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
    http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#2 anolah

anolah
    • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

I just came back from Jamaica. I'm not 100% sure the hotel I passed was yours but I think it was. The driver told me it was almost done due to open next month. the exterior looked completely done. Couldn't say about the inside. Sorry I don't have pics!

#3 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
      • 933 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:33 PM

the one that I thought it was, was pretty complete, the exterior not 100% but pretty close. sorry, did not get pics, maybe dlyteful can get one for you.
        My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#4 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
        • 402 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:52 PM

Thanks guys. I have heard it's purple and white just like the ROR.

Hearing that it looks near complition calms my fears a bit. It's scheduled to open in Sept...I've been so worried that "island time" would effect construction as well.
          Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
          http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#5 Jamaica08bride

Jamaica08bride
          • 66 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:38 AM

The driver pointed out the RIU Montego Bay and said that the first phase was almost complete and will be opening soon and the second phase was still under construction. The completed buildings look very nice, much like the ROR.

#6 negative

negative
            • 22 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:52 PM

I'll be down there the end of June and can take some pics for you... just remind me closer to the end of the month... keep in mind the following;

Montego Bay forum: When will the madness stop with the RIU Corporation. - TripAdvisor
              Jamaica Gleaner News - Spanish shun Jamaica - Wednesday | May 14, 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users