becks

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:14 AM

For those of you who haven't figured it out, I am a list maker extraordinaire. I love them... I have lots of them... I refuse to live without them.

So, I'm going to whine for a moment. But I put together my list of current to-dos, and none of it is FUN!! I want to do the fun stuff, and all of this is boring, blah, etc. We're MOVING and we're getting MARRIED, this should have more fun stuff on it. I want to buy my OOT bag stuff and pick out new bed linens. I do not want to call the security company to arrange monitoring. I do not want to talk to the movers. I do not want to deal with the bank, the lawyers or any of that.

Okay, I have to admit that I'm getting on a plane on Friday morning to go and finalize all of the wedding plans, and that will be TONS of fun, but I'm feeling immature and selfish and I want the fun stuff today!!!!

I think I'm done with my whining. At least for a few minutes. I now return you to your normally scheduled day.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#2 MissyR

MissyR
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:17 AM

I hear ya Becks! I was wondering if this weekend was your site visit!

We are in the processing of buying a new carm, house hunting, and wedding planning, and trying to arrange our site visit. I hear ya - figuring out the blue book value on our used beater of a car is not on the fun part of the list!

Just think... in a few short days you will be in hot and sunny Mexico with Perla and Elisa. Are you picking flowers, centrepieces, linens etc. while you are down there?

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:18 AM

I love lists to! Lists & calendars.

I had a similar feeling last saturday. My wedding to-do list was full of stuff I didn't really feel like doing. Then there was my work list of all these work related things I really didn't feel like doing.

So saturday I turned on some good music & just started checking boring stuff off the to-do list. It felt really great.

In all the madness, just make sure you take time to stop & smell the ferrets. That's what my granny always said.

#4 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:22 AM

Ah... the smell of ferrets in the morning. Always makes a girl smile!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#5 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
      • 419 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:22 AM

I am a list maker too! My list has one thing left on it and I am heading out the door to take care of it in like 10 minutes. Besides packing the car up and saying ou good bye's I will be able to relax this afternoon! You will be glad you made your lists in just a couple of months!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users