VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:45 PM

Hi girls!

I am planning a wedding at the Riu Jalisco on October 10 2007 and I was just wondering if anyone has any information or any pictures from their experience? Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks

#2 Jackie

Jackie
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:47 PM

I dont have any info on that RIU but congrats!!!!
    My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:01 PM

edyta stayed there and really liked it...she is on right now so maybe she can pipe in.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • LocationUtah

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:10 PM

Thanks! I'm so glad I found this forum!

#5 EDYTA

EDYTA
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:18 PM

Hi there!!! I stayed at the Jalisco with my FI in may 2005 and we had an awesome time I really liked the hotel...the beach was beautiful with amazing sunsets everynight...the riu properties are amazing (they look like castles in my opinion, i just really enjoy the structure of them)

I can't remember how the food was to be honest but at any of the riu properties they seems to be the same so I would give the food a 4 out of 5 for an all-inclusive resort (I am not comparing this to food u would get in the US)

the rooms werent spectacular but nice and big (we had an amazing view, kinda far from the ocean but we were on a top floor in the center of the resort)

we actually saw a wedding there when we stayed but sry i didnt take any pics...they had their reception at the ocean sid restaurant..it was a small group approx.10-15 people and they just did one long table...the only thing i didnt like was the fact that everyone else was having dinner 2 so it was very impersonal

let me know if i can help u in any way and i can post some pics if ud like

#6 Caletas_bridetobe

Caletas_bridetobe
      • 45 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:34 PM

I have stayed at the RIU Jalisco 4 times and will keep going back. The resort is beautiful, the staff is great, and for an AI the food is good. I was going to get married there and found the coordinator to be great. If you can get in touch with her she can email you some pictures. I think they use a photographer named Aldo Tovar: http://photoaldotovar.com/. You will have a great time.

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:44 PM

Hi! Not sure how I missed this thread earlier, but here are some other things to check out as well, if you haven't seen them already.

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1627
          http://bestdestinati...g.com/forum/t37
          http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1744

#8 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • LocationUtah

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:21 PM

Thanks ladies! I guess I'm the only one looking at the Jalisco. All by my lonesome. hehehe I think I just used up all my points looking at those threads LOL Thanks again! I'm getting so excited even though it's months away

#9 EDYTA

EDYTA
          • 1,277 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

well i think the riu jalisco is a great property...have u stayed there before?

#10 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,680 posts
            • LocationUtah

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:37 PM

No I've never stayed there before. It looks like a great resort and I love the wedding gazebo. But I've been reading reviews and there have been a TON of bad ones lately. Just gets me questioning things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users