39 replies to this topic

#21 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:46 PM

[/COLOR]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JPMO
    So I am one of the few but I really like them larger. Also while this IS more work try cutting a square out of the bag and adhereing the vellum to the inside... kind of a stained glass effect/more translucent.
    That is a good idea I will try that!
    Do you plan on using both monogrammed and blank bags? I have the same logo
    I didn't think of that but that is a good idea to do every other. I was just going to flip between both of those for the welcome dinner. I have 2 other ones to use for the reception for around the pool.

Also, someone mentioned having bags printed. A knottie , can't remember tried this route and it turned out fine. I think it has to be fed into the printer one by one however.
    I tried printing my own out on the bags but it didn't work. The printer kept getting jammed!??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
    Did anyone ever try the clear labels? I still want to do that instead of vellum? My caterer and I just decided to do the cocktail reception outside and so I think I might need these now.
    Did you get clear labels yet? If so where do you get them from?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jilly76
    I love them Natalie, I like the bigger ones better or cutting the bag down and making the first ones a little bigger. I feel like I've done nothing so far!
    you have plenty of time!! You are fine!

#22 MERRYME

MERRYME
    • 324 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

8X10 clear labels are available at office depot. I used them for my invitations.

I can't remeber what company it was that made them but they have a site where you can download templates for printing.
      Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
      22nd of December 2006

#23 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:46 PM

Sand Scripts' weddingfavoroutlet.com - Product Catalog
      I just found this site, what about getting one of those whole punchers and making your own, or with the prices of these ones, you could just order these.
      I think the clear label might work, I think I might try that this weekend?
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#24 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

Click the image to open in full size.
      I just found this site Sand Scripts' weddingfavoroutlet.com - Product Catalog
      these might be worth it to just buy them, because after you spend the time to make them and buy the vellum, bags, ink, etc. this actually might be cheaper.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#25 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
      • 550 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
      • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
      • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:25 PM

I think I like the bigger design better. Great job!
      Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
      June 23, 2007
      Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
      Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#26 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:41 PM

Nice Christine! Those are really cheap, for someone like me that is not at all like Martha, this is probably going to work best for me!

#27 soon2bmrsbyers

soon2bmrsbyers
        • 56 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:24 PM

Natalie. I think they look great, but I do agree that they should be a larger size than the original because although all of us would be paying attention, I think that most wedding guest would not notice them the way we would. They look wonderful!
          http://img11.mytextg....cf932f433e.gifJune 2007RIU Palace Las Americas Cancun

#28 HBBRIDE

HBBRIDE
          • 87 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:55 AM

Natalie,

I think they look great!

Are the bags just regular bags or are they some type of special bag?
            Kristi

Kristi & MattHilton Los CabosApril 6, 2007www.joinkristiandmattincabo.com

#29 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
            • 1,430 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:46 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by soon2bmrsbyers
              Natalie. I think they look great, but I do agree that they should be a larger size than the original because although all of us would be paying attention, I think that most wedding guest would not notice them the way we would. They look wonderful!
              Thanks that is what I was thinking! I want them to be noticed since i'm taking the time to do them!!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by HBBRIDE
              Natalie,

I think they look great!

Are the bags just regular bags or are they some type of special bag?
              I just got them from Michaels craft store they were 29 cents each. I tried putting them in the printer and that didn't work out to well so I have been using velum paper but I'm going to staples today to see if i can get that clear sticker paper and see what those look like!

#30 mexico15

mexico15
              • 250 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:18 PM

Talent! That is such a good idea! I might steal it :) If that is ok??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users