Sign in to follow this  
Natalie Z

1st attempt Luminaries

[/color]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMO View Post
So I am one of the few but I really like them larger. Also while this IS more work try cutting a square out of the bag and adhereing the vellum to the inside... kind of a stained glass effect/more translucent.

That is a good idea I will try that!

Do you plan on using both monogrammed and blank bags? I have the same logo

I didn't think of that but that is a good idea to do every other. I was just going to flip between both of those for the welcome dinner. I have 2 other ones to use for the reception for around the pool.

Also, someone mentioned having bags printed. A knottie , can't remember tried this route and it turned out fine. I think it has to be fed into the printer one by one however.

I tried printing my own out on the bags but it didn't work. The printer kept getting jammed!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull View Post
Did anyone ever try the clear labels? I still want to do that instead of vellum? My caterer and I just decided to do the cocktail reception outside and so I think I might need these now.
Did you get clear labels yet? If so where do you get them from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
I love them Natalie, I like the bigger ones better or cutting the bag down and making the first ones a little bigger. I feel like I've done nothing so far!
you have plenty of time!! You are fine!

8X10 clear labels are available at office depot. I used them for my invitations.

I can't remeber what company it was that made them but they have a site where you can download templates for printing.

Sand Scripts' weddingfavoroutlet.com - Product Catalog

I just found this site, what about getting one of those whole punchers and making your own, or with the prices of these ones, you could just order these.

I think the clear label might work, I think I might try that this weekend?

Natalie. I think they look great, but I do agree that they should be a larger size than the original because although all of us would be paying attention, I think that most wedding guest would not notice them the way we would. They look wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bmrsbyers View Post
Natalie. I think they look great, but I do agree that they should be a larger size than the original because although all of us would be paying attention, I think that most wedding guest would not notice them the way we would. They look wonderful!
Thanks that is what I was thinking! I want them to be noticed since i'm taking the time to do them!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBBRIDE View Post
Natalie,

I think they look great!

Are the bags just regular bags or are they some type of special bag?
I just got them from Michaels craft store they were 29 cents each. I tried putting them in the printer and that didn't work out to well so I have been using velum paper but I'm going to staples today to see if i can get that clear sticker paper and see what those look like!