Sign in to follow this  
MoonPalacePookie

Tired of Earthquakes

We just had three earthquakes (4.1, 2.6 and 3.cool.gif in the past 20 minutes. I pulled up the local paper and it says we have had about 3 earthquakes a day since April 15. They're all in the 2 to 3 range, but its still distracting. Last week we were in a meeting with a visiting client from Chicago when one happened, he thought a car hit the building and was amazed to find out he was just in his first earthquake. The news is saying its no big deal and the pressure will work itself out, but its still pretty scary. Just thought I'd share. thewave.gif

I guess we had 16 total today, most of them about 1.6, so we didn't feel them.

I hate earthquakes!!! We have learned since kids that we have earthquakes everyday, just not big enough to notice. I am always thinking that a streetcar going by is an earthquake. Super Scaredycat here sad.gif

Holy cow....these are awful. I was at work and the whole building was shaking. I got an email from the University saying they are predicting an earthquake around 6.0 since there has been so many within the last few months in the area!! I hate them!!

Hearthquakes are not fun...I remember the Northridge earthquake ...it felt like a train was in our bedroom, my ex grabbed me and we cuddled under a door frame while the ground was shaking, we could hear the car alarms going off, we all went oustside in the streets somehow, it was safer than inside. The old saying is true, earthquakes don't kill, buildings do.

Yep, we have them everyday here too, mostly not noticable though.

When we have them at work it's cool because it's a new building so it sways side to side instead of shaking, kind of like a little ride...lol Now if the ceiling began to fall it would be not so cool since I'm on the 8th floor!

oh my god .we dont get quakes here actually thats a lie there was one hit last year somewhere .there as common as flying pigs.!!!!

Well so much for sleeping this evening.....we just had another big one...5.0 and the whole house was shaking so bad!! These are really getting scary around here!!