Tired of Earthquakes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MoonPalacePookie

• 279 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

We just had three earthquakes (4.1, 2.6 and 3. in the past 20 minutes. I pulled up the local paper and it says we have had about 3 earthquakes a day since April 15. They're all in the 2 to 3 range, but its still distracting. Last week we were in a meeting with a visiting client from Chicago when one happened, he thought a car hit the building and was amazed to find out he was just in his first earthquake. The news is saying its no big deal and the pressure will work itself out, but its still pretty scary. Just thought I'd share.

I guess we had 16 total today, most of them about 1.6, so we didn't feel them.
    Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#2 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:45 PM

Yikes! That would totally freak me out. Something I've never had to deal with living in northern MN.

#3 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

Wow, that is pretty crazy! I don't think I have ever been through one....hope if they happen they are pretty small!!

#4 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

I hate earthquakes!!! We have learned since kids that we have earthquakes everyday, just not big enough to notice. I am always thinking that a streetcar going by is an earthquake. Super Scaredycat here

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#5 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

Wow, I'm an earthquake virgin - I feel your client's pain!! I can't believe that; 16 in a day?!!
            Happily Married since May 9, 2008
            Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#6 JessicaM

• Vendor
            • 1,969 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:38 PM

Holy cow....these are awful. I was at work and the whole building was shaking. I got an email from the University saying they are predicting an earthquake around 6.0 since there has been so many within the last few months in the area!! I hate them!!

#7 melody

• 236 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

Hearthquakes are not fun...I remember the Northridge earthquake ...it felt like a train was in our bedroom, my ex grabbed me and we cuddled under a door frame while the ground was shaking, we could hear the car alarms going off, we all went oustside in the streets somehow, it was safer than inside. The old saying is true, earthquakes don't kill, buildings do.

#8 starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:15 AM

Yep, we have them everyday here too, mostly not noticable though.

When we have them at work it's cool because it's a new building so it sways side to side instead of shaking, kind of like a little ride...lol Now if the ceiling began to fall it would be not so cool since I'm on the 8th floor!

#9 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:00 AM

oh my god .we dont get quakes here actually thats a lie there was one hit last year somewhere .there as common as flying pigs.!!!!

#10 JessicaM

• Vendor
                    • 1,969 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:01 AM

Well so much for sleeping this evening.....we just had another big one...5.0 and the whole house was shaking so bad!! These are really getting scary around here!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users