Jump to content

Photo

why you chose Sheraton or Dreams?


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 brandy '08

brandy '08
  • Newbie
  • 83 posts

    Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

    Good Morning Ladies! Couldn't sleep much because i have too much on my mind. I have a question for the girls who chose the Sheraton and Dreams Los Cabos...

    1. What were the reasons why you choose your location? ( Sheraton/dreams)?.

    2. Have you been working with the onsite coordinator....or....are you working with an outside one? If you are working with the onsite coordinator, how helpful has she been? Has she gone the extra mile for you?

    would like to hear your feedback=)


    Thanks! -Brandy
    My daughter Makenzie

    #2 TammyB

    TammyB
    • Sr. Member
    • 10,630 posts

      Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:09 AM

      Hi Brandy,

      The main differance between Sheraton and Dreams is that Dreas is an AI resort, so if your having a large wedding in Cabo, you'll end up probably saving money having it there.

      I'm having a small wedding, (10 people max) and were getting married at the Sheraton. They don't have an onsite WC to do a legal wedding in cabo (she's more of an event planner, not a WC) but Irma at the Sheraton is great to work with and will help you in booking your reservations for dinner, ceremony or whatever. I also hired a WC (Maye C.) who is actually handling most of the details of the wedding.

      Getting Married on the beach at the Sheraton is actually pretty reasonable, it's only costing us $330.00 and that includes chairs, chair covers, tiki torches and a table for signing of the license. Then were having dinner at De Cortez, which is located right next to the beach.

      I wanted a romantic, intimiate setting for our wedding day. The second I stepped foot on the Sheraton grounds I knew it was the place I wanted to have our wedding. If someone is interested in a church or garden wedding they also have both locations onsite as well. Both are very pretty (do a search on Sheraton and there is a post with pictures of the resort)

      If you have specific questions feel free to ask, and I'll try to answer.

      #3 Sarah

      Sarah

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

        Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:41 AM

        Hi Brandy-

        I'm getting married at Dreams Los Cabos because

        -I loved their wedding gazebo
        -I wanted All Inclusive
        -The on-site coordinator is VERY helpful
        -There was a ton of information about the resort on the forum, so it seemed easy to me
        -We wanted a smaller (but not too small) resort, which is why we chose Dreams over the Riu Palace
        -We fell in love with the resort while on our site visit



        I am using the on-site coordinator Mariana. They also have another onsite coordinator named Yessica who is newer, but I have heard does a nice job as well.
        There is TONS of information on here about Dreams. Just do a search, or visit the Cabo forum. If you have any specific questions, let me know!

        #4 EDYTA

        EDYTA
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,277 posts

          Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:55 AM

          Hi Brandy, the reason why I chose Dreams is

          - I wanted an AI (so much easier and drink and eat all u want)

          -There were so many great reviews on the place and Tammy and Juan Carlostapia (photographer) said it was the better choice as in more intimate

          - I haven't been dealing that much with the on site co-ordinator..honestly the girls on the forum have been my personal WC..I am also having a pretty small group approx. 16 so thought Id just plan on my own

          - And as Sarah above said there is just so much info on the resort and all great feedback so how can you go wrong?

          #5 Jessalyn

          Jessalyn
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,876 posts

            Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:48 PM

            I'm getting married at the Sheraton. I didn't even consider Dreams. The Sheraton had special meaning for my FI and me, so this is why we chose this resort.

            I've been working with Irma too. As Tammy mentioned above, she is not a WC, but an events coordinator. She is a bit slow at responding to emails, but does eventually get back to you. Like Tammy, I also hired an outside WC. I wasn't going to at first, but then realized that I wanted to make sure that the entire day went smoothly, so for the peace of mind I hired a WC.

            The Sheraton is going to be more expensive for you in terms of food and beverage as it is not an AI, but because of the this the rooms are less expensive for your guests. This is also why I didn't choose an AI. I wanted to keep the cost down on the nightly rate for our guests. But, some brides would argue that in the end an AI is less expensive, and when all is said and done they are probably right.

            There is a thread with cost/menu/set up information for the Sheraton. Here is the link, in case you haven't seen it yet... http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1121

            Hope this helps.
            My new man....Donovan

            Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

            #6 BRIDEZILLA

            BRIDEZILLA
            • Jr. Member
            • 151 posts

              Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:16 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by TAMMYM
              Hi Brandy,

              The main differance between Sheraton and Dreams is that Dreas is an AI resort, so if your having a large wedding in Cabo, you'll end up probably saving money having it there.

              I'm having a small wedding, (10 people max) and were getting married at the Sheraton. They don't have an onsite WC to do a legal wedding in cabo (she's more of an event planner, not a WC) but Irma at the Sheraton is great to work with and will help you in booking your reservations for dinner, ceremony or whatever. I also hired a WC (Maye C.) who is actually handling most of the details of the wedding.

              Getting Married on the beach at the Sheraton is actually pretty reasonable, it's only costing us $330.00 and that includes chairs, chair covers, tiki torches and a table for signing of the license. Then were having dinner at De Cortez, which is located right next to the beach.

              I wanted a romantic, intimiate setting for our wedding day. The second I stepped foot on the Sheraton grounds I knew it was the place I wanted to have our wedding. If someone is interested in a church or garden wedding they also have both locations onsite as well. Both are very pretty (do a search on Sheraton and there is a post with pictures of the resort)

              If you have specific questions feel free to ask, and I'll try to answer.
              Hi Tammy,

              I thought you were originally getting married at Pedregal. Is the the $330 a location fee or is a per person charge? How private is the beach? Do you have pics?

              I have so many questions :-) Still stressing about location!!
              Amber & Joe
              [sigpic][/sigpic]

              http://daisyPath.com.../2/1/ 10/0/.png

              #7 TammyB

              TammyB
              • Sr. Member
              • 10,630 posts

                Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

                Amber I was going to get married on Pedregal but going from hotel to Pedregal then do dinner location back to hotel was just getting to be too much wasted time. The $330.00 is the cremony set up fee for the beach "total". The beach I would say is somewhat private, when I was there in November most of the people swim in the pool because the ocean isn't swimmable at the Sheraton, the vendors leave around 5:00 and the beach has just a few people walking on it. Even during the busy times it's not that busy. The other nice thing about the beach is that both resturants are on either side of the resort so they can easily block people from that area. The link that Jessalyn posted has some good pictures. I can post more if you want me too...

                #8 BRIDEZILLA

                BRIDEZILLA
                • Jr. Member
                • 151 posts

                  Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TAMMYM
                  Amber I was going to get married on Pedregal but going from hotel to Pedregal then do dinner location back to hotel was just getting to be too much wasted time. The $330.00 is the cremony set up fee for the beach "total". The beach I would say is somewhat private, when I was there in November most of the people swim in the pool because the ocean isn't swimmable at the Sheraton, the vendors leave around 5:00 and the beach has just a few people walking on it. Even during the busy times it's not that busy. The other nice thing about the beach is that both resturants are on either side of the resort so they can easily block people from that area. The link that Jessalyn posted has some good pictures. I can post more if you want me too...

                  Your Ceremony should be breathtaking! It looks beautiful!! Any idea how much reception/food/bev costs?
                  Amber & Joe
                  [sigpic][/sigpic]

                  http://daisyPath.com.../2/1/ 10/0/.png

                  #9 TammyB

                  TammyB
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 10,630 posts

                    Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:44 PM

                    Were having a small wedding, so were just having a dinner. The food at De Cortez is about 20.00-60.00 a plate depending on what you order. I want my quests to order off their menu but they can set something up for you that could save you money. Do you have Irma's contact information?

                    #10 BRIDEZILLA

                    BRIDEZILLA
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 151 posts

                      Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:47 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TAMMYM
                      Were having a small wedding, so were just having a dinner. The food at De Cortez is about 20.00-60.00 a plate depending on what you order. I want my quests to order off their menu but they can set something up for you that could save you money. Do you have Irma's contact information?

                      No what is it? I might as well inquire since I have no idea where I'm getting married and am becoming more confused every day!
                      Amber & Joe
                      [sigpic][/sigpic]

                      http://daisyPath.com.../2/1/ 10/0/.png




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users