142 replies to this topic

#61 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:20 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saraha
    So anyways Kevin was about to call his mom and blow up on her and after calming him down I told him I would write her an email.... so let me know if this is nice yet assertive:

Hey Jaci!
    Its not too late to stop everything. I can return it all and eat all the candy LOL! JK! But Kevin and I really think it would be fun to have, I think it would look nice and all the guests would enjoy it. But if you really dont want me to do it I wont.

How does that sound? Havent sent it yet?
    Are you kidding me...NO - DON'T SEND IT! You are already giving her the power with every single sentence in that email!

EDIT _ OK, good, Maura got to you first!!

#62 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

Good for you Sarah. Just so you know- my grandpa is 70 and he always has candy in his pocket- without wrappers. Nothing like pops giving you a piece of candy covered in lint. Young and old love candy. Poo poo on your FMIL for not being a candy lover herself!
      Happily married since 2008

#63 alex

alex
      • 1,139 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:33 PM

Okay I just finally read through all of the posts & I am so glad the e-mail was edited before you sent it!! I am so anxious to see what she says. I completely disagree with her thinking the adults won't enjoy the candy. I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a cupcake!!! (hope that doesn't offend anyone, just a fav. saying of mine!)
        Sooooo just for the record, IF somehow this all falls throught... I will GLADLY help you dispose of all the extra candy...

#64 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

I'm just catching up on this thread. Kudos to you for sending Marua's email. Yours sounding like you were apologizing for something that you don't have to apologize for. Your almost making seem like a candy buffet might not be a good idea. but it's a great idea! If i was getting married at home I would definately have a candy buffet. Everyone loves candy, no matter how old they are. You should keep your candy buffet, I guarantee all of your guests will make such a fuss over how cool the candy buffet is. And than i'm sure fmil will be proud she had the ahr with the candy buffet at her house. I love coffee, but I could do without a coffee bar, candy bar would be sooooo much better. goodluck Sarah!
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#65 Saraha

Saraha
          • 2,597 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK AT THIS EMAIL I JUST GOT!

I just think it's going to be too costly and not a necessary expense.

Between Picazzo's, the tables/chairs, centerpieces, cake, bartender,

DJ, Pam, evap coolers, decorations etc. etc. we are over $5,000.

We really need to stop spending. I think it will be as wonderful a

party without a candy buffet. So my vote is NO for the candy buffet.

#66 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

Quote:

I'm confused...is she paying for everything?
              If you're paying the candy buffet, it should stay.

#67 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Quote:

forward it to kevin, make him deal with her because sorry, but shes being a bitch. she doesnt get a vote, and the candy bar is already paid for -- not sure what about the fact that its paid for she doesnt get.

#68 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

What does she not get about you have already bought and paid for it? Is she paying for everything else?

#69 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

Well I'd just ignore it and have the candy bar show up. You already paid for it. End of discussion. The candy bar will be there and her vote has been cast aside.
                  Happily married since 2008

#70 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

I would just let Kevin deal with her about it. You already let her know that you paid for everything for it and that you really were excited to have one because you and Kevin WANTED it. That should of been an end of discussion, she's being a PITA.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users