Photo

Sand Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Denise40

Denise40
  • 407 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:34 PM

I just wanted to know what you all thought of our sand ceremony wording. Since we are doing a vow renewal I changed it up a bit. Let me know what you all think.

The Family (Children) Ceremony
    UNITY SAND BLENDING

We are all members of one family, God’s family. Today as (Roy) and (Denise) have sealed their re-commitment to each other they too want to make a commitment to their children. We recognize the significant role that (Brandon) and (Ashley) play in this re-commetment celebrated today. They will now join (Roy) and (Denise) in this re-commitment to each other by contributing a part of each individual person into one blended family. Today, this relationship is symbolized through the pouring of these (4) individual containers of sand, each representing a member of the family in all that they were, all that that they are, and all that they will ever be. As each individual’s sand is poured into the family’s one united common container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as the grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will become the bond with your family.

#2 AmandaR

AmandaR
    • 241 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

IMO I think that some of the wording implies that 2 separate families are being blended with the vow renewal, especially with the references to the children. I just think that it could be confusing....just my 2 cents.

Amanda

#3 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

I might change "blended family" to something else like stronger family, or solid family, or unified family- unless you are a blended family. Just my opinion...
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#4 Denise40

Denise40
        • 407 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

I have reworded it. Thanks for you opinions and ideas.

#5 Denise40

Denise40
          • 407 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:15 PM

I need a suggestion of what color sand to go with. I am using the sand frame and I want 4 different colors. The 2 main colors are teal and coral. My bouquet is going to have coral, yellow and orange roses with greenery added. I am thinking of coral, teal, yellow and not sure what to use for the 4th color. I am thinking if I pick orange it might me too close to the coral. Any suggestions or opinions? I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA

#6 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

So, I have heard this song a gabillion times but I was driving in my truck and heard it and thought of you for some reason lol. You should totally use it at some point in your vow renewal!!

I'd love you all over again

Has it been ten years
              Since we said "i do"
              I've always heard marriage made one seem like two
              But you're looking better than you did back then
              You still make this old heart give in

(chorus)
              And if i had it to do all over
              I'd do it all over again
              If tomorrow i found one more chance to begin

The preacher man said "til death do us part"
              That seemed like forever to a young man's heart
              Now the days seem much shorter
              The longer we love
              And the memories just keep adding up

(repeat chorus)

If tomorrow i found one more chance to begin

#7 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
              • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:02 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Denise40
                I need a suggestion of what color sand to go with. I am using the sand frame and I want 4 different colors. The 2 main colors are teal and coral. My bouquet is going to have coral, yellow and orange roses with greenery added. I am thinking of coral, teal, yellow and not sure what to use for the 4th color. I am thinking if I pick orange it might me too close to the coral. Any suggestions or opinions? I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA
                How about white or natural?
                See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#8 Cali

Cali
                • 281 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

nice one Kat...I think I might steal a couple of sentences hear and there..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users