Photo

Nov 08 brides

• Please log in to reply
1728 replies to this topic

#1161 EricaG

EricaG
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:22 PM

Does anyone have any wedding prep that they are doing this week &/or weekend? I have my MRI tomorrow then I have to come back and work nights, then start my normal shifts on Fri until Tues. Not sure how much I will get done, but I really want to try to get the bath bombs done so they are out of the way, and I want to try to work on the soaps too, and then decide if I am putting them in the OOT bags for sure or not.
    http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
    My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#1162 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:35 PM

I have a craft show saturday morning and then we are cleaning our house to get it read for the new hardwood/carpet we are getting put in. I would love to work on my welcome packets this week or weekend if i have enough time.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#1163 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hey ladies.. just checking in with all of ya :)

Michelle your dress looks fantastic!!

Danielle.. I hope that is your shower date! Just be prepared in case it is.. heh!

I'm still working on scrapbook pages.. it's slow going.. ugh

And for some reason I just don't feel like logging into BDW that much anymore.. I don't know why? The only thread I really check out is this one.. and if there is anything new in the Maui section.. it's so weird.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

#1164 beachbride08

beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by EricaG
          Does anyone have any wedding prep that they are doing this week &/or weekend?
          I am going to try and print my wedding programs. I think I have been saying this for the past couple weeks, but I think I might actually have some time this weekend to do it. I just have to finish getting stuff ready for our garage sale next weekend, and go out to eat with the fam for my Grandpa's birthday.

I got my raffia fans today! The handles are bigger than I thought so I'm not sure if the personalized ribbon is going to work. I'll be bummed if it doesn't because I'm going to have this big thing of ribbon leftover with our name and wedding date on it. I used it on our bubbles, but I don't know what else I can use it for. I do have some fat green ribbon left that I can wrap around the handles, but I don't think I have enough of that ribbon for all the fans. I also ordered some blumeboxes today. I got 6 of the hot pink to use for centerpieces, 2 hot pink ones that can be used to hold the BM bouquets and I got a green one which I will put my bouquet in which will be the centerpiece on our table. We are going to have a sweetheart table so I thought having that and a centerpiece would be too much. I'm the only one with a green vase/box, but my flowers will be pink so I thought pink on pink would be too much. The BMs flowers will be white/ivory, and I haven't decided what type of flowers to use for the centerpieces. I need to think about that one.

I should hopefully get my parasols soon. The only thing I think I have left to order is the maracas for our favors/placecards. I just need to see how much room we are going to have left in our suitcases. I wanted to do a pair of maracas per person with a tag tied to them with their name. Otherwise, I don't know what else to do for favors. I wanted to do bottles of tequila, but I don't know if we'll be able to get those down there and worry that we won't find enough. Although, we can do one bottle per couple so we would only need about 15.
          Michelle

#1165 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

Michelle I think your pink flowers in the green bloombox will look great.

I have green ribbon about 4 spools of it if you want it, it's yours. I bought it when i had turqoise fans but i sold those so i don't need the ribbon and i dont see me using it anytime soon.

I dont think you would have any trouble finding tequila down there and you could get the maracas there too. they had the maracas and the tequila at our hotel gift shops when we stayed in Riviera Maya I'm sure they have them in the Iberostar gift shops too. If not you could take a cab ride to Playa Del Carmen and get them. there's great shopping there.

#1166 beachbride08

beachbride08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
              Michelle I think your pink flowers in the green bloombox will look great.

I have green ribbon about 4 spools of it if you want it, it's yours. I bought it when i had turqoise fans but i sold those so i don't need the ribbon and i dont see me using it anytime soon.

I dont think you would have any trouble finding tequila down there and you could get the maracas there too. they had the maracas and the tequila at our hotel gift shops when we stayed in Riviera Maya I'm sure they have them in the Iberostar gift shops too. If not you could take a cab ride to Playa Del Carmen and get them. there's great shopping there.
              Thanks for the ribbon offer, but unfortunately some of the fans are put together so well it was hard for me to get the ribbon through to stay on the handle. I was able to do one, and it looks really cute, but I don't have the patience to do the rest. There wasn't even space between the names and the date on the personalized ribbon for me to use it. So I think I am just going to leave them plain. I know, boring, but at this point I'm not letting the details like that bother me. I just want to get stuff done! This is a big step coming from the girl that freaked out about having to put an extra stamp on my invitations because it was purple and didn't match my personalized stamps. Ha ha!

Maybe we will just wait until we get to Mexico and see what kind of favors we find. I really like the tequila idea, and maybe we can bring down some little gift bags and put that and some margarita mix in there. The less stuff I have to bring down with me the better. I could probably just get the maracas for the kids. They would like to play with those.
              Michelle

#1167 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:28 PM

Tequila with Margarita mix would be so cute for a favor.

#1168 Opice34

Opice34
                • 414 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

Hi guys - just wanted to say hello. I have so much trouble keeping up with this thread! I hope you are all doing well!! I can't believe November will be here so soon!

#1169 Celina

Celina
                  • Banned
                  • 2,811 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Chiquita
                    Hey ladies.. just checking in with all of ya :)

Michelle your dress looks fantastic!!

Danielle.. I hope that is your shower date! Just be prepared in case it is.. heh!

I'm still working on scrapbook pages.. it's slow going.. ugh

And for some reason I just don't feel like logging into BDW that much anymore.. I don't know why
                    I am going to try and print my wedding programs. I think I have been saying this for the past couple weeks, but I think I might actually have some time this weekend to do it. I just have to finish getting stuff ready for our garage sale next weekend, and go out to eat with the fam for my Grandpa's birthday.

I got my raffia fans today! The handles are bigger than I thought so I'm not sure if the personalized ribbon is going to work. I'll be bummed if it doesn't because I'm going to have this big thing of ribbon leftover with our name and wedding date on it. I used it on our bubbles, but I don't know what else I can use it for. I do have some fat green ribbon left that I can wrap around the handles, but I don't think I have enough of that ribbon for all the fans. I also ordered some blumeboxes today. I got 6 of the hot pink to use for centerpieces, 2 hot pink ones that can be used to hold the BM bouquets and I got a green one which I will put my bouquet in which will be the centerpiece on our table. We are going to have a sweetheart table so I thought having that and a centerpiece would be too much. I'm the only one with a green vase/box, but my flowers will be pink so I thought pink on pink would be too much. The BMs flowers will be white/ivory, and I haven't decided what type of flowers to use for the centerpieces. I need to think about that one.

I should hopefully get my parasols soon. The only thing I think I have left to order is the maracas for our favors/placecards. I just need to see how much room we are going to have left in our suitcases. I wanted to do a pair of maracas per person with a tag tied to them with their name. Otherwise, I don't know what else to do for favors. I wanted to do bottles of tequila, but I don't know if we'll be able to get those down there and worry that we won't find enough. Although, we can do one bottle per couple so we would only need about 15.
                    Your Pink and Green blumeboxes sound cute! I love pink and green together! Are you decorating the blumeboxes? I ordered the aqua colored ones, but am thinking of ordering some additional smaller ones since our tables are long.
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
                    Tequila with Margarita mix would be so cute for a favor.
                    That would be a super cute favor!

Okay - so I have to tell you last night that my son was in rare form and was acting like Satan's twin. 1st, during the day he poured his Lucky Charms all over the living room floor.

Then around 6:00 he emptied a bottle of ketchup all over my living room table and poured water on it.

THEN as if his hellish antics couldn't get any worse - I was upstairs in my bathroom that is in our bedroom. He was in the bedroom. I hear the closet door close and can see that the light is on so I know he is in there. Usually he goes in and plays with my shoes or he likes to hide.

Well, over the weekend I was packing up some stuff. I had a bottle of sun tan oil in a zip lock bag inside of another zip travel case that also had extra deoderant, sunscreen and the tanning oil in it.

You may be able to see where this is going.....I had the bag on the table by the closet door.

I walk over and open the closet door and there he is....sitting on the floor....COVERED in suntan oil!!!!!! He has it all over him, his clothes and the carpet.

Guess what is sitting behind him

MY WEDDING DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK GOD he didn't get anything on it or I would have taken the day off to go buy a new dress.
                    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#1170 Celina

Celina
                    • Banned
                    • 2,811 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

I must say though....my closet has that "hanging out at the pool" smell! Which really isn't that bad.
                      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users