Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DanielleNDerek

Nov 08 brides

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opice34 View Post
Are you guys exercising? I had grand plans of being in super shape, but as the day draws near, I'm just hoping to be in better shape than I am now. I need to get on a serious workout plan...have you guys started?
I have been totally slacking in the workout and diet department. I'm so mad at myself because I wanted to lose so much weight before the wedding, and haven't lost nearly as much as I have wanted to. I'm thinking about getting a personal trainer to whip me into shape in the short time I have left. I can't stand to look at myself in pictures now because I feel so fat and I know I will be really disappointed in myself if I hate our wedding pictures. It's not like we can retake them ya know? My FI is always telling me that I don't need to lose and blah, blah blah, but that is not the point. It is the way I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy106 View Post
Danielle, I hear ya about the pictures. I keep wonder if doing the TTD is a mistake, will I feel too fat and not sexy enough to make them work.

Ladies, I will not be on tomorrow. I am having more injections. The two discs above my fusion are failing so we are hoping to help the situation with "bi lateral facet joint injections". I'll miss you.
I hope the injections work for you. It just sounds like you are having such a bad time with your back, I feel so bad for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeysmom1204 View Post
Is anyone really nervous abuot how soon we are getting married?
I'm definitely more excited! I can't wait for the planning to be over and just having a relaxing vacation with my FI that I do not get to spend enough time with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
I'm sure your dress will be beautiful on you!

I just got back from lunch and my cake topper was here waiting for me. I love it!!! I'll post pics of it tonight with the bm dresses, see it worked out that i couldn't post them last night hehe

Oh and i should post my gm shirts since i never did that either.
I can't wait to see the pics.

I feel like I missed so much yesterday! I wasn't able to log on at all, but it was for a good reason. I am a recruiter and work from home most of the week, but go into the office 2 days. I work in our downtown Chicago office now, but I used to work out of our office in the suburbs (Schaumburg for the IL ladies) where our HR department is located. There is a point to this story I swear! So yesterday I was supposed to go to a meeting in Schaumburg at 1:00. My team was all supposed to meet in the lobby since my boss was the only one with a badge to get into the HR floor (they took mine away when I stopped working out of that office). Normally, I'm early, but I was the last one to get there event though I was still early. We get up to the floor and my boss says just go in the conference room. I was the first in line and I heard people talking so I thought maybe it was another meeting that hadn't ended since we were a little early so I just kind of cracked the door open and peaked in. All the HR people were sitting in there, but there was a tablecloth on the conference table and all these luau flip flop beach decorations up all over and everyone was staring at me. It took me about a minute to realize it was a surprise bridal shower for me! I was so shocked and I felt like a total idiot because I'm looking around trying to figure out why there are these decorations up for our meeting. Event they were like she doesn't get it. Of course they all thought it was hilarious, and were happy that I was truly surprised. I literally had no idea. I had invited a few of the people I worked with in that office that I was close with, but didn't invite everyone, and I did invite the staffing team I work with downtown and most of them are coming to the wedding and my real shower in a couple weeks. I didn't even think they would throw one on their own so it was really sweet. We got some great gifts. We got all of our glasses, and some our bar glasses, vases, a cupcake stand (which I really wanted!), BBQ tool set, and the Kitchenaid countertop oven we registered for. They didn't get any pictures of me walking in, but one of the girls took some pictures of me opening gifts on her camera phone so when she sends them I will post them. Yesterday totally confirmed my hatred of being the center of attention though. I started to tear up after I realized what was going on, and started sweating! I was such a mess! I don't know if it was because of being surprised or being nervous or a combination of both. My FI was off yesterday so I ended up getting home early with a car full of gifts so he was really excited. He was hoping we would get the oven and BBQ set since those were two of the things he registered for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
I have been totally slacking in the workout and diet department. I'm so mad at myself because I wanted to lose so much weight before the wedding, and haven't lost nearly as much as I have wanted to. I'm thinking about getting a personal trainer to whip me into shape in the short time I have left. I can't stand to look at myself in pictures now because I feel so fat and I know I will be really disappointed in myself if I hate our wedding pictures. It's not like we can retake them ya know? My FI is always telling me that I don't need to lose and blah, blah blah, but that is not the point. It is the way I feel.
Exactly how i feel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
I feel like I missed so much yesterday! I wasn't able to log on at all, but it was for a good reason. I am a recruiter and work from home most of the week, but go into the office 2 days. I work in our downtown Chicago office now, but I used to work out of our office in the suburbs (Schaumburg for the IL ladies) where our HR department is located. There is a point to this story I swear! So yesterday I was supposed to go to a meeting in Schaumburg at 1:00. My team was all supposed to meet in the lobby since my boss was the only one with a badge to get into the HR floor (they took mine away when I stopped working out of that office). Normally, I'm early, but I was the last one to get there event though I was still early. We get up to the floor and my boss says just go in the conference room. I was the first in line and I heard people talking so I thought maybe it was another meeting that hadn't ended since we were a little early so I just kind of cracked the door open and peaked in. All the HR people were sitting in there, but there was a tablecloth on the conference table and all these luau flip flop beach decorations up all over and everyone was staring at me. It took me about a minute to realize it was a surprise bridal shower for me! I was so shocked and I felt like a total idiot because I'm looking around trying to figure out why there are these decorations up for our meeting. Event they were like she doesn't get it. Of course they all thought it was hilarious, and were happy that I was truly surprised. I literally had no idea. I had invited a few of the people I worked with in that office that I was close with, but didn't invite everyone, and I did invite the staffing team I work with downtown and most of them are coming to the wedding and my real shower in a couple weeks. I didn't even think they would throw one on their own so it was really sweet. We got some great gifts. We got all of our glasses, and some our bar glasses, vases, a cupcake stand (which I really wanted!), BBQ tool set, and the Kitchenaid countertop oven we registered for. They didn't get any pictures of me walking in, but one of the girls took some pictures of me opening gifts on her camera phone so when she sends them I will post them. Yesterday totally confirmed my hatred of being the center of attention though. I started to tear up after I realized what was going on, and started sweating! I was such a mess! I don't know if it was because of being surprised or being nervous or a combination of both. My FI was off yesterday so I ended up getting home early with a car full of gifts so he was really excited. He was hoping we would get the oven and BBQ set since those were two of the things he registered for.
That's really sweet of them. I hate being the center of attention too but i'm excited about having a shower too. Just wish i knew when it was. that is killing me, still no hints from anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry i forgot the gm shirt pics! i knew i was forgetting something. I was in a hurry to go watch the olympics that i ended up falling asleep through anyway hehe.

 

But anyway, i'll post the shirts later and i need your opinions on the packing brochures i made for my guests so i'll post that later too.

 

the pic for my cake topper didn't come out real good but there are turqoise and aqua crystals on it. I'm a little nervous since of the crystals fell off in the box. i'll have to glue that back one. Anyone know what kind of glue i should use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danielle,

 

I love your BM dresses!! very cute! I think mine should be coming in the end of this month. My dress was supposed to come in this week I thought but I haven't gotten a call yet.

 

Do you guys all have your dresses yet??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michelle, that was so sweet of them to surprise you with a shower! I love that you were totally clueless!

 

Danielle, I LOVE your BM dresses. The color and style are both amazing! Very very cute!

 

 

I just got a call yesterday that my dress didn't ship this week like it was supposed to. So i have to change my 1st alterations appointment... which was next Thursday as I won't have my dress by then. Bummer!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
Here's my bm dresses:
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

My cake topper
Click the image to open in full size.

And the cds for my departure gift bags, i'm not finished all of them yet:
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
The dresses are so cute. Are those the shoes too? They looked like the blue matched, but maybe just a coincidence. What songs did you put on your CD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks girls I'm glad you like the dresses. I really love them. The girl in the pic is my sis her dress was a little too small they have to take some out but besides that they were exactly what i wanted!

 

Those aren't the shoes Michelle. I bought barefoot sandals for them to wear for the beach ceremony and flip flops for the reception. I forgot to bring them both to the bridal shop.

 

For the CDs since they are for before we leave we picked songs to help people get in the mood for a vacation and we have an older crowd coming so i couldn't put anything too crazy on it:

1. Here Comes the Sun - The Beattles

2. Jamming - Bob Marley

3. Red Red Wine - UB40

4. Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet

5. Kokomo - The Beach Boys

6. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes

7. Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money

8. Vacation - The Go-Gos

9. Holiday - Madonna

10. Soak Up the Sun - Sheryl Crow

11. Hot Hot Hot - forget who sings it

12. Waiting on a Sunny Day - Bruce Springsteen

13. It's 5 o'clock Somewhere - Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffet

14. Two Pina Coladas - Garth Brooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
Thanks girls I'm glad you like the dresses. I really love them. The girl in the pic is my sis her dress was a little too small they have to take some out but besides that they were exactly what i wanted!

Those aren't the shoes Michelle. I bought barefoot sandals for them to wear for the beach ceremony and flip flops for the reception. I forgot to bring them both to the bridal shop.

For the CDs since they are for before we leave we picked songs to help people get in the mood for a vacation and we have an older crowd coming so i couldn't put anything too crazy on it:
1. Here Comes the Sun - The Beattles
2. Jamming - Bob Marley
3. Red Red Wine - UB40
4. Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet
5. Kokomo - The Beach Boys
6. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
7. Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money
8. Vacation - The Go-Gos
9. Holiday - Madonna
10. Soak Up the Sun - Sheryl Crow
11. Hot Hot Hot - forget who sings it
12. Waiting on a Sunny Day - Bruce Springsteen
13. It's 5 o'clock Somewhere - Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffet
14. Two Pina Coladas - Garth Brooks
Good selection. I like the idea of sending a CD out before the trip. I was trying to decide if/what I should do. I've been thinking of a letter and luggage tag, but maybe the CD would work too. Hmm, do I want to do another DIY project?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michelle - That was so sweet that they threw you a surprise shower. I think that is hilarious that you didn't clue in right away. I was the same way when my nursing classmates threw me a surprise baby shower, and they told me it was a lunch date for my friends b-day.

 

Danielle - I love the BM dress. I think that was one of the ones that I was looking at before.

 

Amy - I do have my dress but I ordered it from ebay and it was here in 2 weeks and needs no alterations! We also have my daughter's dress to match mine and my Mom has just started working on the MOH dress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×