Photo

I've Got to Stop SHOPPING!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 amyrak

amyrak
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:03 PM

I have a serious problem..I went shopping a couple weeks ago and bought some new shirts (like 5) and this new dress I couldn't resist from Macy's that I wanted for Mexico. The dress was $89 but I got it for $70 with a coupon. I don't usually spend this much on a dress but I just hate to try to wait for it to go on sale and your size be gone.
    So, I was feeling buyer's remorse (and actually decided I didn't like one of the shirts) so I went to return a couple shirts today...and to what do my wandering eyes see appear...clearance sale!! So, found a couple new shirts, another dress, and the dress that I originally bought for $70 was on clearance and sale for $34.99 so I got a credit!! Yay.
    So, now I have like 3 black dresses for Mexico. There was this one I almost got too but decided I didn't need another black dress.

Oh, and I haven't even mentioned the 3 pair of shoes I got at DSW this past weekend. (Went looking for cute sandals to wear under my dress and instead found 3 other pairs..cute BCBG flip flops!!)

We aren't going to be able to afford a wedding if I don't stop shopping soon :)

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

I am the same problem...I think I am a shopaholic!!

#3 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,513 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

I shopped a ton right before we left too. Don't worry - I was so glad I did honestly once I got to Mexico! We changed our clothes to go to dinner some of the nights so I was glad I brought some cute dresses and skirts to change into!

#4 amyrak

amyrak
        • 469 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:15 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Betsy
          I shopped a ton right before we left too. Don't worry - I was so glad I did honestly once I got to Mexico! We changed our clothes to go to dinner some of the nights so I was glad I brought some cute dresses and skirts to change into!

Yes, but the only problem is I'm shopping 7 months ahead of time!! ha I know..I love dressing up. I don't get a whole lot of chances to wear sleeveless or strapless dresses since either it's too cold or we have to have sleeves at my work (besides the fact it would be too cold not too) So, I always go crazy before we go on vacation when I see a sale.... I don't think Greg knows what he's getting himself into...I'm already sneaking bags in the house!!

#5 manda0812

manda0812
          • 343 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:18 PM

at least no-one on here is going to nag at you for shopping, cause we all love it! and you can never have enough new outfits for your wedding holiday.

#6 Celina

Celina
            • Banned
            • 2,811 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:54 PM

Isn't it funny! You are not alone. Keep it at a minimum if you can. I know it is so hard when all of the cute summer/beach clothes are coming out!
              "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#7 amyrak

amyrak
              • 469 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

Yikes!! Just saw Macy's is having a 1 day sale..must hide my Macy's card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users