Photo

Wailea Marriot Resort & Spa

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sherry

Sherry
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:25 PM

I thought I'd start a thread on the Wailea Marriott, where we're having our ceremony. Is anyone else having any part of their DW here? A friend of mine had both her ceremony and reception at the Wailea Marriott, and speaks very highly of it. Our WC also says that it's gorgeous, and they're finished all their renovations now.

Thought I'd post some pics, in case anyone is doing research on possible locations:

Click the image to open in full size.

I will of course fulfill my BDW duty and write a full review after our wedding, but that's not until October, so would love to hear from anyone who has had or is having their wedding there!

#2 *Lo*

*Lo*
    • 2,993 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:19 PM

I am considering it for my wedding...we are now thinking Maui vs. Kauai as there is more to do for guests. The Marriott is I think in the top 3 right now. I will anxiously await your review and photos and thanks for the info!

Your big day is coming up!!!

#3 Sherry

Sherry
      • 390 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

It's so soon now, I can't believe it!!! I'll post tons of pics as soon as I have them. I was just looking at my friend's wedding pics from the Marriott this morning, and they were beautiful.

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:44 PM

This is where we spent most of our honeymoon, and had our legal wedding. A link to my review and probably some pics are in my siggy!

#5 Sherry

Sherry
          • 390 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:43 PM

Okay, first of all, Ann - your daughter is GORGEOUS!!!!

Second, here are some pics of the recently renovated Wailea Marriott. A friend of mine took these pics for me in March when she was in Wailea on holiday.

Open Air Lobby:

#6 Sherry

Sherry
            • 390 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

Here's a few more! Our WC suggested that we do some of our pro photos by the pond pictured in a couple of these.

#7 Sherry

Sherry
              • 390 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

Ann, I had looked at your pictures from the Marriott ages ago, and I had kind of forgotten about them. Thanks for reminding me about them!!! We leave on Monday for Maui, and it got me even more excited seeing your pictures. I think we're actually using a lot of the same sites for our pictures that you did, and your pics are gorgeous, so that's a great sign!!!!!

#8 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,193 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

Congrats on getting married in Maui Sherry! We were right next door at the Grand Wailea for our HM in April. We also went to the Luau that was at the Marriott. We had a great time there & found the grounds of the Marriott to be beautiful. You can also access the Grand Wailea & their part of the beach, right from the Marriott's beach. There's a small walkway which takes you between both.
                  The pics that you posted are just beautiful & I can't wait to go back one day soon since we had a great time.
                  Hope you have a wonderful wedding!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

thank you! we think she's pretty darn beautiful as well.

ahhhh - i remember this place so well! this is what it looked like when we were there, i think they only had the infinity pool left, and maybe some rooms. we had some legal wedding pics done in front of that pond, then the ceremony on the grass overlooking the ocean. everyone was SO nice!

#10 Chem

Chem
                    • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:12 AM

Great info!

Sherry thanks so much for all your great info! We are also getting married at the Marriott Wailea (May 09) and are using A Dream Wedding. As per your recommendations we have also booked Mike Sydney and the same Hair Stylist! I am debating whether or not to get a make up artist or just do my own....

We are having our ceremony on the grounds overlooking the ocean and then out reception on the Pacific Terrace. We have been there before, and this will be our 4th time to Hawaii! (Second to Maui) We will have a fairly small wedding of 25 - 30 people but pretty big considering they are all traveling from Vancouver to be there!

Our Wedding colours are Tangerine and Fuschia. I will have to post our Wedding Invites to show you guys! It has been so easy with the wedding co coordinator and we seem to be pretty much done. I will be wearing a Saree (Native Hindu dress) and then changing for the reception. I haven't bought either of them yet.
                      Can't wait!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users