Sign in to follow this  
Yari

October 08 Brides - What's Left to Do

I can't even think about what still needs to be done... Give some time and I'll post it all! I did do the invitations the other night with my mom though, they just need stamps and they're off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari View Post
Oh good! The more lists the better. It feels better when it's written out and we know what we have left to do.
I love lists. Lists get me through the day. I have an on-going Wedding Stuff list actually. At all times, I carry my little notebook around in my purse. Just in case I think of something else I need to do or another song I hear on the radio that I want to add to the play list.

Here's what I have on my list of things to do for my October wedding:
Find Tommy Bahama shirt for groom and his father (we're not having a wedding party - they're it)
Order guest book from The Knot
Order Polaroid camera for guest book
Organize growing pile of bridal magazines in corner of bedroom along with all other bridal junk
Order wedding flipflops
Find shoes! Yes - I must have both
Get dress altered (need shoes first)
Get final proof of invitations (why won't she call me backhuh.gif?)
Get invitations addressed by calligrapher
Mail invitations
Ceremony Programs
Order fans for ceremony programs
Arrange and mail PV packets for wedding guests
Get mini-maid's dress for my daughter - not really a bridesmaid, not a MOH, but a mini-maid : )
Print place cards
OOT bags
Order Spanish for Dummies for OOT bags
Make centerpieces and cake toper
Find wedding bands

So much of this depends on how many people will actually be coming to the wedding, too. My webpage on The Knot really has been helpful with a list of Things to Do, too.

I've got so much to do! This is scary looking at this list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaH View Post
Organize growing pile of bridal magazines in corner of bedroom along with all other bridal junk
This made me LOL...I have a huge stack in my bedroom. My housekeeper finally organized them for me and put them on a chest I have in front of my bed. She probably thinks I am nuts!

Quote:
This made me LOL...I have a huge stack in my bedroom. My housekeeper finally organized them for me and put them on a chest I have in front of my bed. She probably thinks I am nuts!
I know... I totally started cracking up when I read that! I have a pile next my bed as well as in the spare bedroom, under the end tables and in the magazine pale next to the entertainment center....lol!
thewave.gif

Ok so I just ordered my wedding bubbles. I dont even think that was on my list. Now I need to come up with a better slogan than "blow me"

Quote:
LOL, that was started after this thread began.

MODS- can you merge the two threads? pretty please...
Did anything ever happen with this? Just curious...

Ok so here is my new list that I typed up, its done by topic

smile105.gif

Decorations/favors

Buy fans

Buy Parasols, three white, one pink

Buy shot glasses

Buy personalized Napkins

Buy Vases for center pieces

Decide on Bridal Flowers

Think of quote for bubbles

GIFTS

BMâ€s Gifts

Grooms Gifts

Parents Gifts

Hair Dressers gifts

Wedding party OOT Bags

ATTIRE

Buy Wedding shoes, and white flip flops

Buy BM Dresses

Buy Grooms/grooms menâ€s attire

Buy Makeup

Set up appointment for makeup trial and day of

Book appointment for hair extensions (September)

Book two facial appointments

Take MOB shopping for dress

CEROMONY

Pick out song to walk down the isle to

Pick out first dance song

Pick out entrance songs

Book DJ

OTHER STUFF

Send out pamphlet one month before wedding to guest

Do welcome brochure

Collect everyoneâ€s pictures