Photo

Save the date question

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

I sent the STDs to everyone even to those I assumed wouldn't be able to go....then I'll send invites to people who have booked.

#12 Duchess

Duchess
    • 358 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

You guys are the best, this helps so much! I love that I can ask a question and have a bunch of answers within a short time!

This forum is the greatest!

Thanks again ladies!

#13 Jen_S

Jen_S
      • 3,737 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:33 PM

We are planning on sending them out to eveyone, so they feel included. When sending out the save the date did you include the travel info or did you sent it out after? We wanted to do magnet save the date but then I think they will be lost in the other papers.
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#14 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
        • 528 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Pazoop
          Hi Jamie --

We're actually sending out our STDs in the next two weeks or so and have been having a similar dilemma. What we've ultimately decided to do is send out a STD to everyone we would invite to a traditional wedding at home --we're going to have multiple pages on on the second sheet with the travel agent info we're going to put a message like --

"We realize that Mexico is very far away and we understand that not everyone will be able to make the trip, but our fingers are crossed and we'll be delighted if you can! If you are ready to book your trip please contact..."

(I know I got that from someone else's posting but I can't remember who so I apologize for not being able to give due credit!)

Then we plan to spread by word of mouth that we do not expect gifts -- that way it's up to individuals if they want to do presents, but hopefully they will feel that the pressure is off.
          Thank you so much for the wording on this.

#15 SDSteph

SDSteph
          • 812 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

We invited eveyone with a letter and a STD! MOther's friends....grandparents friends....people I don't even know! I ended up spending $100 on the letters and $50 on the STD's

Now for the invitations.....I am only going to send them to people who have RSVPed on the website about 3 months before the wedding with all of the details.

I plan on making extra just incase we need to send out others as we get closer. We also included registry info for the guests that might join us but want to send a gift!

Good luck
            Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#16 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

I am going to send STDs to everyone so no one feels left out.  I will only send invites to people who have booked or RSVPed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users