Jump to content

Photo

cheaptotes.com disappointment


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 lscilley

lscilley
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,466 posts

    Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:06 AM

    I would call them to see what they will do for you but overall what you got does not look too bad but if it's the color is too far off then maybe return them.

    #12 sunnydaes

    sunnydaes
    • Member
    • 684 posts

      Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:53 AM

      thanks for sharing the info!

      #13 BillysBride

      BillysBride
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,255 posts

        Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:44 AM

        They look fine, BUT I agree...they are not the same bags as pictured in the photo. You didn't get what you expected...what they advertised, so I can see being upset. Hope it works out...I'd pursue that refund.
        Savannah

        http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
        http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

        #14 heather007

        heather007
        • Member
        • 620 posts

          Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:02 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by heidi&alex
          I agree that you should call the company - their picture is way off compared to what you received. Thanks for letting us know... I bought the teal cheaptotes and I'm happy with them, but started thinking that I wanted instead the teacher tote bag and was thinking of ordering those... thanks for the info. Good luck with customer service. Let us know what happens.
          Hi,

          Just wondering which teal cheaptotes you bought. We are looking at some of the cheaptotes. Have you gotten them already?

          Plus, to the original poster, I would call them back, that is not what the picture says it is.

          ~~

          #15 h&a

          h&a
          • Jr. Member
          • 321 posts

            Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:20 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by heatherjones
            Hi,

            Just wondering which teal cheaptotes you bought. We are looking at some of the cheaptotes. Have you gotten them already?

            Plus, to the original poster, I would call them back, that is not what the picture says it is.

            ~~
            I bought the cotton teal canvas tote bags from cheaptotes. I'm happy with them but FI would like ones that can stand up on their own and I was starting to think about them b/c they look a bit bigger to accomodate my growing list of OOT items. I think I'll stick to the teal, though, especially after this thread... maybe it will stop me from going overboard with purchases... lol :)

            #16 heather007

            heather007
            • Member
            • 620 posts

              Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:45 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by heidi&alex
              I bought the cotton teal canvas tote bags from cheaptotes. I'm happy with them but FI would like ones that can stand up on their own and I was starting to think about them b/c they look a bit bigger to accomodate my growing list of OOT items. I think I'll stick to the teal, though, especially after this thread... maybe it will stop me from going overboard with purchases... lol :)
              Hmmmm.... I haven't looked that much at them, but I'm looking at those ones too, or the Gusett Non Woven Tote, or the smaller, 8x8 gift bags.
              However, we are adding more items to our OOT, coasters, wine charms, flashlight, and that is just to start. So, those small bags might be too small. :)

              What are you putting in them? Oh, and what does OOT mean? LoL.

              ~~

              #17 h&a

              h&a
              • Jr. Member
              • 321 posts

                Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:35 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by heatherjones
                Hmmmm.... I haven't looked that much at them, but I'm looking at those ones too, or the Gusett Non Woven Tote, or the smaller, 8x8 gift bags.
                However, we are adding more items to our OOT, coasters, wine charms, flashlight, and that is just to start. So, those small bags might be too small. :)

                What are you putting in them? Oh, and what does OOT mean? LoL.

                ~~
                OOT means out-of-town :)
                I'm putting in them pashminas for the girls, caps for the boys... thinking of towels, which is why we were thinking of the other ones (plus FI wants something that can stand up).... and then some odds and ends like sun screen, lip balm, lotion, pen, notepad, etc... still working on them and trying to decide exactly what I want :)
                Here is a picture of the teal totes, which might help you to decide. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

                Click the image to open in full size.

                Click the image to open in full size.

                #18 lyrebard

                lyrebard
                • Jr. Member
                • 229 posts

                  Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:41 AM

                  Just as a quick update, for anyone interested in their customer service: Getting Cheaptotes on the phone has not been easy. I have called their numbers, all of them, just to receive a "mailbox is full" message.

                  An email to the company, stating that I was unhappy with my order and requesting a customer service agent call me, only garnered a response email that re-stated my order and the fact that their stock indicated this was what they sent. Um, huh?

                  I have sent a more explanatory (and firm!) email, but have not yet heard a word. I'll let you know what happens....

                  #19 zoeysmom1204

                  zoeysmom1204
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 218 posts

                    Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

                    Good luck with customer service!!! have you tried hitting zero when an automated message comes on!? in canada that gets you right to a real person....

                    #20 lyrebard

                    lyrebard
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 229 posts

                      Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:41 PM

                      Okay, so I got a call from one of the cheaptotes people today. She claimed that the bags they show on their site are, indeed, the ones I received.

                      But whether or not that's really the case (the pics in my first post seem to imply otherwise, but I swear I'm not judging! lol), she did say that I could return them for a full refund, minus shipping. So, I'm happy to report that my faith in internet shopping has been restored, and I can recommend Cheaptotes for following up on their customer service inquiries.

                      Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Really good to know that the differences I was seeing were visible to you, too!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users