Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
loeloe92

Suggestions on AI resorts

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have any suggestions on a nice AI resort for my wedding? I have never been to Mexico before so I am lost! I was looking into Dreams but I'm not so sure. I want something on the smaller side, a big mega resort just does not seem romantic. Vallarta Palace looked promising....untill I saw their ridiculous prices for wedding packages and extras! Also NO beach weddings allowedhuh.gif!! only in the Gazebo, sorry but I'm not traveling thousands of miles to marry at a beach and be told I can't marry on the beach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and welcome! We are in the same boat. I have been asking others about AI resorts and alot of the couples are going to Dreams. Have you checked around the Riviera Maya area? I'm on a tight budget too so trying to look for the best deal for my guests. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome! There is tons of great information - Maybe you can give us some additional information so to help narrow your search - are you looking for something that is kid friendly? Is one wedding a day only important to you? If you are thinking Cancun/RM/Tulum - think about how far from the airport you are prepared to go - some resorts are 1.5 hours from the airport in Cancun which may not be appealing depending on how long your guests are coming for.

 

Once you start figuring out the 4-5 things that are the most imp (which you have obviously thought about) it gets much easier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. Have you tried searching through the PV forum?

 

PV Accomodations & Site

 

There is vast information regarding hotels in the PV area.

 

Can you be more specific in your question? If you do not want a huge resort, then Vallarta Palace isn't the place to go. What about Playa Fiesta or Villa Premiere? Or have you considered something off site like Las Caletas. All are intimate and you can find info on all these venues by searching the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSunshine View Post
Hi and welcome! We are in the same boat. I have been asking others about AI resorts and alot of the couples are going to Dreams. Have you checked around the Riviera Maya area? I'm on a tight budget too so trying to look for the best deal for my guests. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyR View Post
Welcome! There is tons of great information - Maybe you can give us some additional information so to help narrow your search - are you looking for something that is kid friendly? Is one wedding a day only important to you? If you are thinking Cancun/RM/Tulum - think about how far from the airport you are prepared to go - some resorts are 1.5 hours from the airport in Cancun which may not be appealing depending on how long your guests are coming for.

Once you start figuring out the 4-5 things that are the most imp (which you have obviously thought about) it gets much easier!
Hi ladies, she posted in the PV forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting married at the Vallarta Palace. They are more expensive but we're not getting a lot of extras or expecting a lot of guests. You actually can get married on the beach - we are. I would check out Trip Advisor as well. From my research before we chose a place I remember a few smaller hotels or bed and breakfasts that do weddings. I'll see if I can find any of them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention, although Dreams is a larger resort. Its location is amazing. It's on the south side of PV has a "private" beach. We first booked our wedding at this resort but moved it over to the Mayan Palace for several reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are going to stay at Vallarta Palace. We were thinking about getting married there but have changed to Las Caletas.

 

My FI and I stayed at Cancun Palace last year while on vacation and LOVED it! From what I hear the Palace resorts are pretty similar as far as one in comparison to the other. So we based our decision off of last years visit. Also we like the more 'modern' look to the hotel.

 

Also I think that Vallarta Palace is in Nuevo Vallarta which from what I have read is the newer part of Puerto Vallarta? Although I have not been to PV so I am not much help there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the Vallarta Palace is in NV. Its a drive to downtown, so be aware of that, but the VP looks amazing! It was one of our top choices for our HM.

 

I think that Las Caletas boat leaves from the Marina, so NV is not too far from that area.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
Yes, the Vallarta Palace is in NV. Its a drive to downtown, so be aware of that, but the VP looks amazing! It was one of our top choices for our HM.

I think that Las Caletas boat leaves from the Marina, so NV is not too far from that area.

Click the image to open in full size.
Oh cool thanks...that is a really handy little map!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×