• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by melody
    Why don't you sign the papers with the judges to make it legal @ 1pm and have a symbolic ceremony at a later time? I remember talking to my wedding coordinator @Excellence and she suggested doing the symbolic ceremony and the legal ceremony with the Judge at a different time. Don't know about the other resorts, but I know Excellence did not charge extra. It was just a courtesy because the judge had such a busy schedule.
    This option was also available for my resort. I would defitenly talk to the coordinator and see if you could arrange something like this. Good luck!
    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#22 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:38 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by twinkletoes
      That sounds really special. I think maybe I'll put my FI in charge of the 'paperwork day'. It could be very memorable. Great idea :~)
      He looked so happy when I told him he was in charge of that day. From the smirk on his face, I have a hunch how we'll be spending it

#23 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:42 AM

Morgan, your making legal day sound like fun.

I emailed my coordinator and asked what my options are. I never knew that signing the papers with the judge and holding your ceremony later were options, i'm so glad you girls told me about that. I hope my resort will do this too. But getting married home and having symbolic away, is starting to sound very tempting. Hmmm. Decisions decisions...
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#24 melody

melody
        • 236 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

Danielle

I am sure Palma Real would do it as well it is a beautiful resort.

God luck!

#25 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

Danielle, i think there are lots of great options here.

Morgan - you make me wish I was having a wedding day and marraige day! That sounds so romantic the way you describe it.

#26 angitalia23

angitalia23
            • 1,029 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:39 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              Would you consider making it legal before you get there? I am so excited we are doing it this way. Mike gets to plan "marriage day" because I'm planning the wedding day.
              I would do this too....1pm is not going to work with your reception plan and it sounds like a hassel for most of your guests. If there dressed up for your ceremony what would they do in between that and the reception...what would you do?
              Anthony & Angela
              19 June 2008

#27 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

Good luck Danielle! Just tell Kelly that you have all these events planned and how would fire dancers look in the bright sun lol You think she'll do it if you switch to a symbolic?

#28 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carly
                  Danielle, i think there are lots of great options here.

Morgan - you make me wish I was having a wedding day and marraige day! That sounds so romantic the way you describe it.
                  Thanks! I'm super excited about it now too. I love that it started as just a way to save money & time. Now it has turned into something we are truely anticipating. Sometimes I just says "marriage day" in a sexy voice & Mike smiles. It's so hard to keep the wedding day as a celebration of the two of you when there is so much going on. I know its can be done, it just takes effort. I've heard people say the wedding feels like a whirlwind. Marriage day will be for focusing on us, with no distractions.

#29 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:50 PM

kelly the wc at palma real emailed me back with two options:

1. get married in US legally and have symbolic at palma real with the time I want.

2. on the day of our wedding, sign the papers with the judge in kelly's office than have the ceremony later in the day at the time I want.

derek is leaning towards getting married legally in US first, i'm leaning towards signing papers with judge on same day as ceremony. But we haven't had a chance to really to talk about it fully yet. We are going to talk about it when i have some time off work.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#30 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
                    • 2,302 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

Good, at least you have options! Let us know which you guys decide to do.
                      2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users