Where in Maya Riviera?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 chelsea21

chelsea21
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:23 AM

Hi everyone,
    I'm just starting out and trying to narrow down a location - I have about 60 people coming and 2 small children - can anyone tell me their favorite hotel/resort for this type of wedding party?

Thanks!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:29 AM

what is your per room/per night price range?

if budget is not an issue, i'd say azul blue

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 chelsea21

chelsea21
    • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:34 AM

I haven't quite narrowed down that number - maybe 200-400? I'll check out azul blue. Also, I read a couple of negative posts about destination weddings.com, does anyone have an alternative that they've had success with? I was really hoping a place like that could help me narrow down a location.

Another preference on location - I'd rather it be somewhere smaller vs. a huge resort. Thanks!

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:38 AM

Chelsea, there are tons of brides here that have gotten married, or are getting married, in various places in Mexico (and quickly expanding to other areas). If you let us know your likes and dislikes we can help point you in the right direction.
        Definitely steer clear of Destinationweddings.com and those large internet "destination" wedding planners. Many brides on this forum have started out with those companies and later fired them, or at the minimum found them to be unhelpful.
        Tammy, the host on this forum is a travel agent and is arranging the travel for my guests, as well as many other brides on this forum. Once you narrow down a location, she can help you with the accomodations.
        Good luck with your planning and let us know how else we can helP!

#5 EDYTA

EDYTA
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:47 AM

have u looked at the riu properties?? i know u wanted a smaller resort this one has 400 rooms but is beautiful

RIU Palace Riviera Maya: Playa del Carmen all inclusive resort

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:19 PM

welcome! if you're looking for a travel agent, tammy (host) is definitely a great choice. i've heard of people having good luck with destionationwedding.com - but I didn't It just wasn't a good fit for me - they didn't help me with choosing a location (we were all over the board!), but instead they just kept sending me package prices for locations I had mentioned. I was looking for more "expert" advice on my other options.

Anyway - we can definitely help you here, just let us know more about what you're looking for!

#7 chelsea21

chelsea21
            • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for all of your help - how do I get in touch with Tammy? Is she with Wright Travel service?

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:16 PM

Yep - here is her contact info. - you can either use this, or just send her a Private Message through this forum, whatever is easier for you.

Tammy Wright
                Wright Travel Agency
                Wright Travel Agency - we specialize in destination wedding packages
                tammy@wrighttravelagency.com

#9 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:22 PM

Welcome-Tammy is great and I am sure she can help you with all your needs
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#10 lbourassa

lbourassa
                • 55 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:29 PM

I'll be the first to say that using a TA is definately the way to go...
                  I went and saw ours, and I had sooooooo many questions about this and that and whatever else, so she gave me all the tour books, told me to pick 5 places that I liked (or thought I liked) or one general area... and come back and talk to her. I did just that, and she was able to help me narrow my location to the Mayan Riviera. All she had to say was..."the carribean of Mexico..." and I was hooked.
                  My AI choices are dependant upon price and availability (of course) but at least we have somewhere to work from now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users