Jump to content

Photo

I booked my BD Session!!


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 lscilley

lscilley
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,466 posts

    Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:11 AM

    Ya so much fun and I'm sure you will look amazing!

    #12 Ana

    Ana

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 8,047 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
    • LocationToronto

    Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:39 AM

    Thanks girls! If I can do it anyone can...I'm probably as conservative and shy about their bodies as they come. I figured though that having my friend there will make it a bit more relaxed (I might have a secret stash of vodka in my hand bag though). I'm really exicted..and pretty nervous too. I've never really done anything like this before, but I think it will be fun. I'm counting on Karolina to have good photoshop capabilities, but I'm still kind of freaking out because she's used to working with girls that are pretty in shape
    Congrats on booking your session! You'll have so much fun :)

    Here's a book I did for Jen (NYJen) with less than 25 photos... just thought it might give you some ideas :)

    some pictures can spread across an entire page. Or 3/4 of the way through with a black space on the side.

    You can add text so there is a picture on one page & words on the other.

    Or maybe you can make a smaller book with less pages.
    This is a really good idea...I'm horrible at figuring out how to actually do this though. I need photobook for Dummies...lol!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by twelve_piece
    How exciting!!

    You can upload the high res pics that she gives you to a website like shutterfly or snapfish and then you can use their design tool to create a book. since you only have 20 pics I would suggest cropping those 20 creatively so that you end up with more images. So for instance, you could take a layout on shutterfly that has room for one large image and 3 smaller images on the same page. Use the full original image as the large one, then 3 cropped images to fill in the smaller blocks. Does that make sense?
    I'm checking these out today! Thanks so much!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsShelley
    that is really exciting, can't wait to see them (if you are sharing!)
    I'll definitely share if you girls promise not to laugh too hard haha~!

    #13 ACDCDCAC

    ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

    Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:53 AM

    Ana-Maria, go back and click on Sarah's link to her website, she actually does this, and could probably set you up with somthing really amazing!

    #14 Ana

    Ana

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 8,047 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
    • LocationToronto

    Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DougsGirl
    Ana-Maria, go back and click on Sarah's link to her website, she actually does this, and could probably set you up with somthing really amazing!
    I did look at the site and at the book she made and I love everything! Sarah's work is beautiful ....sooo excited! I'll have to figure out all the cost and everything once I get the pics done and hopefully I won't be too broke..lol!

    #15 angitalia23

    angitalia23
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,029 posts

      Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:05 PM

      Very Cool!
      Anthony & Angela
      19 June 2008

      #16 Leia78

      Leia78
      • VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

        Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:05 PM

        You're going to look so amazing! How exciting!!!!!

        #17 Amy&Andy

        Amy&Andy
        • VIP Member
        • 3,405 posts

          Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

          Oh you are going to have so much fun, and look totally hot!!! I loved my shoot.....but some advise.......don't drink too much and definately have a snack before hand. I ended up drunk and hungry by the end! Good luck!!!

          #18 Ana

          Ana

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 8,047 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
          • LocationToronto

          Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:47 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by amy&andy08
          Oh you are going to have so much fun, and look totally hot!!! I loved my shoot.....but some advise.......don't drink too much and definately have a snack before hand. I ended up drunk and hungry by the end! Good luck!!!
          lol that would totally end up being me. I will remember to eat for sure :) thanks for the tip...I have NOOOOO idea what to expect

          #19 Sherry

          Sherry
          • Jr. Member
          • 390 posts

            Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Adinu
            Thanks girls! If I can do it anyone can...I'm probably as conservative and shy about their bodies as they come. I figured though that having my friend there will make it a bit more relaxed (I might have a secret stash of vodka in my hand bag though). I'm really exicted..and pretty nervous too. I've never really done anything like this before, but I think it will be fun. I'm counting on Karolina to have good photoshop capabilities, but I'm still kind of freaking out because she's used to working with girls that are pretty in shape
            Don't worry, you're going to look hot!

            #20 Chiquita

            Chiquita
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,674 posts

              Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

              Ooooh how exciting! Can't wait to see these pics! :)




              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users