Sign in to follow this  
Alyssa

Salad Dressing Questions??

I like balsamic and red wine vinegars. I don't usually buy dressing since I just make some up for my salads. I usually just do olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, some garlic powder and then either dill or italian seasonings. I think packaging is very important. I am more likely to try a shelf dressing if it is packaged well and is low-fat/low-cal. I am the salad maker of our family. Keep us posted on how it goes.

I chose Balsamic, but to honest, I don't think I'm familiar with the others.

I look of low cal w/ great flavor. I love ginger-soy dressing (the kind you get at Benihana).

Packaging, I don't care too much. Simple is best.

I'm a cheap-o so no more that $4.

1. See above for Vinegar question... Balsamic, there's just something about the flavor
  2. What do you look for in a salad dressing? Not too oily, low in fat and calories
  3. How important is packaging? Important, but simple is best IMO
  4. How much do you usually pay for a gourmet type salad dressing? $3.50-$4.00
  5. anything else you can think of? nothing at the moment

1. See above for Vinegar question... I love the balsamic, but rice vinegar is so fabulous

2. What do you look for in a salad dressing? I want something familiar but unique - I love vinegrettes made with sesame oils or somthing to add a hint of difference. Also - dressings that are "overengineered" (or appear to have too much going on in the name) tend to put me off

3. How important is packaging?Let's be honest - if I don't see it; I won't buy it. But once I've tried it and love it, you could put it in an old, beat up sports bottle and I wouldn't care.

4. How much do you usually pay for a gourmet type salad dressing?Anywhere from $4-$7, but I'm in Manhattan where everything is 30% more expensive

5. anything else you can think of? Low fat/low carb is good if you can manage it without wrecking the taste.

Alyssa,

Good luck with your new venture. I love a good salad dressing - for some reason I'm always tempted to try a new one but always end up going back to balsamic.

2. What do you look for in a salad dressing? I don't want it to be to oily, light it's better. Also I do like a little bit of texture sometimes - like pepper.

3. How important is packaging? Very important, I like designs that stand out from the rest. I'm most attracted to the simple but unique labels.

4. How much do you usually pay for a gourmet type salad dressing? I would say from $4.00 - $8.00 a bottle.