Photo

Sparklers?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 happyone

happyone
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:26 AM

I would just try to get them down there. I am looking for sparklers once I get to my site. If I find them great, if not, it's not the end of the world. I just don't think I could bring highly flammable fireworks on the plane in good conscience. I know it's just sparklers but maybe I'm uptight.

#12 christenew

christenew
    • 325 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:18 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by happyone
      I would just try to get them down there. I am looking for sparklers once I get to my site. If I find them great, if not, it's not the end of the world. I just don't think I could bring highly flammable fireworks on the plane in good conscience. I know it's just sparklers but maybe I'm uptight.
      Agreed. Doesn't make much sense to me and I am from Canada where customs here is "hey where you from, oh ontario, have a nice day". I am affraid of american customs etc.

#13 NotYourAverageDW

NotYourAverageDW
      • 361 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

I know that this is a few months late, but has any Canadians had problems bringing Sparklers to Jamaica? Also does it matter which airport you fly into- Donald Sangster (Montego Bay) vs Norman Manley (Kingston)?

#14 msasfraz

msasfraz
        • 392 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

that's my thoughts on it hez43.... im totally having sparklers for our first dance.... i already purchased them and put tytags on the end.... my only question is that when i did my trial run it was alot smoke created after... maybe i got the wrong ones.... i want those w/ minimal smoke...any suggestions....

#15 Danniellou

Danniellou
          • 815 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:56 PM

I was wondering the same thing Hez43. There was a bride on here that was married at the ROR and she had the sparklers for her first dance. Unfortunately, I don't remember who it was and I don't know if they brought them or purchased them there. I will try and find her wedding review to see if she mentions anything.

#16 caporrone

caporrone
            • 109 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:25 AM

Hey Ladies...

I "googled - sparklers, weddings" and I found this site that will ship anywhere in the world. I don't know what the shipping fee will be - you will see that when you check out on the site when you add the sparklers in the bag. They show a picture of a bride and groom walking through the tunnel of people holding the sparklers and they look great. They also offer three different sized sticks as well.

Hope this helps... Here is the site.

Sparklers, Wedding Sparklers, Cheap Sparklers

Courtney

#17 Danniellou

Danniellou
              • 815 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:03 AM

That is a great find!

#18 NotYourAverageDW

NotYourAverageDW
                • 361 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

This is the company I was thinking of when I read this thread. I just couldn't remember the name. They have been well reviewed.

ETA: I just checked the sites policies and unfortunately they do not ship outside of continental US.

#19 bsullivan2

bsullivan2
                  • 74 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:34 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by msasfraz
                    that's my thoughts on it hez43.... im totally having sparklers for our first dance.... i already purchased them and put tytags on the end.... my only question is that when i did my trial run it was alot smoke created after... maybe i got the wrong ones.... i want those w/ minimal smoke...any suggestions....
                    I have noticed that the colored sparklers create a ton of smoke!!!! If you have the ones that are red, blue, and green, I would suggest not using them and getting just the basic gold or silver ones. If this does not help, if you live close to a fireworks store, I would just go talk to them and see what they suggest.

Brandie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users