• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#151 AmandaR

AmandaR
  • 241 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IrieBride08
    We used our cell phones throughout our trip and we fretted over what the bill would be once we returned! LOL! We had guests calling us, venders (Lee's Tours, and my photographer) and everyone else under the sun! We kept trying to keep calls to a minimum, but in the end just saw it as a necessary evil. I just got my bill from that time period and the roaming charges were $245! (I use TMobile) I haven't seen hubby's bill yet! (He's with Sprint!)

Another option that may be useful that was shared with us wayyy too late was to buy a local SIM card and insert it into your phone. That way you would avoid roaming charges. SIM cards costed about $16. Anyone trying to work out their communication issues may want to consider this option.
    We use AT&T and before we left we purchased an international plan for about $6 per month. Even with that plan you are still charged $1.69 per minute, and our bill ended up being about $75 for just the calls we made while we were there. All in all I wasn't impressed by our cell phone service at the resort. We were unable to get through to my sister (only guest with a cell phone) using our cell phone. Luckily Sandals was able to connect us, but that cost us $44 for just a few quick calls.

Amanda

#152 dedra27

dedra27
    • 30 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

Thank you everyone for all your helpful information! This site rocks (and this thread)! We leave early tomorrow morning, I am so excited!

#153 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
      • 716 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by dedra27
        Thank you everyone for all your helpful information! This site rocks (and this thread)! We leave early tomorrow morning, I am so excited!
        Oooh, good luck Dedra! I'm so excited for you! You're gonna love it.

#154 WifeToBe

WifeToBe
        • 59 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

Does anyone have any pics of the cake that Sandals provide? And can you tell me exactly how basic ity looks if you do not add anything to it?

Thanks guys!

#155 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
          • 419 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:19 PM

Here is the the table set up at SGOR. I added nothing to the cake and the flowers in the center are the "free" bouquet. I was actully very happy with it and I am glad I saved my money for the fun stuff like excursions and shopping...lol
            Click the image to open in full size.

#156 AmandaR

AmandaR
            • 241 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:22 PM

As a sidenote - the cakes are yummy! We opted for vanilla because it seemed the most weddingish flavor and it was amazing, but then again, I don't discriminate when it comes to baked goods...

Amanda

#157 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
              • 419 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

Hehe... Me either Amanda! The sad thing is we sat the next night in the middle of the bed eating the left over cake they sent with us. It was pretty funny and totally us. I wish I had someone to take pictures of us doing it...lol

#158 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:31 PM

I have pics in one of the other Sandals threads of a few of the Sandals cakes- I think the thread is titled Sandals flowers and cakes!

#159 WifeToBe

WifeToBe
                  • 59 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:29 AM

Awesome- thanks guys!! One more thing did ya'll attempt taking your cake top home? If so how difficult of a task was that?

#160 bridget917

bridget917
                    • 140 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:31 AM

Quote:
                      Awesome- thanks guys!! One more thing did ya'll attempt taking your cake top home? If so how difficult of a task was that?
                      Customs is very strict about taking "unpackaged" food across from the border. From other threads I've read on this site, you can't take your cake home...so if you like it be sure to eat it there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users