Photo

How are you supposed to wait for your dress???

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sherry

Sherry
  • 390 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:56 PM

I just ordered my dress yesterday, and I want it so much already. How are you supposed to wait 4 or 5 months before it even comes in, then wait for alterations??! I'm thinking it's a little bit crazy. Plus, you only get to wear it one time, plus maybe one more time if you're having an AHR (one more bonus to the DW!). It's just not fair. The wait is killing me, and it has barely begun!

#2 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
    • 679 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:01 PM

I went crazy waiting for my dress. When it came in my FMIL and mom both offered to keep it at their houses because I live with FI. I was not going to let that happen. We have a room that is off limits to FI, so that I can have my dress close at hand. I love looking at it. I would put it on all the time if I could , but I'm nervous I will reip the lace. Your dress will comel, and you will get the same satisfaction.
      Brittney & Peter
      July 12, 2008
      Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#3 Bride010101

Bride010101
      • 1,547 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:23 PM

I am going crazy as well. Ordered mine in January... and have to wait until June. The hardest part is to keep myself from looking at other dresses in the meantime... I know I love my dress... but there is so much out there!

#4 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
        • 985 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:09 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SherryW
          I just ordered my dress yesterday, and I want it so much already. How are you supposed to wait 4 or 5 months before it even comes in, then wait for alterations??! I'm thinking it's a little bit crazy. Plus, you only get to wear it one time, plus maybe one more time if you're having an AHR (one more bonus to the DW!). It's just not fair. The wait is killing me, and it has barely begun!
          My daughter ordered her dress and then waited at least 8 months! I don't know how she did it.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BrittneyD
          I went crazy waiting for my dress. When it came in my FMIL and mom both offered to keep it at their houses because I live with FI. I was not going to let that happen. We have a room that is off limits to FI, so that I can have my dress close at hand. I love looking at it. I would put it on all the time if I could , but I'm nervous I will reip the lace. Your dress will comel, and you will get the same satisfaction.
          I'm going to be keeping the wedding dress at my house as my daughter also lives with her FI in a very small apartment. Katie can not be trusted not to show Chris the dress :)

#5 -Kate-

-Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:11 PM

I didn't want to keep mine with me. I left it at the salon until 2 days before we left! I didn't want to be tempted to show it - or to mess it up.
            Try to forget about it. Think about all the other stuff you have to do to take your mind off of it.

#6 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
            • 4,979 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

Me too, Kate... mines at the salon where I have to make an appointment to see it.

Somehow, the time has seriously flown by... trust me, it will for you too. The first few weeks though, I think I looked at my dress online everyday! Trust me, the next 4-5 months will go faster than you think!
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#7 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
              • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

That has been the hardest thing so far...waiting and waiting for the mths to pass by and hoping your phone will ring and its the salon telling you your dress is in....agghhhhh. I have to wait til around Sept. Hopefully the time will fly for all of us.

#8 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                • 1,266 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

Ah that sucks. I got mine off the rack but now I have it getting altered and I hate waiting.

#9 tvt

tvt
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SherryW

I'm in the exact same boat! Ordered mine yesterday and I am going crazy wanting to put it on again

#10 jmill130

jmill130
                    • 601 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:01 PM

Waiting is hard! I just bought mine off the rack, but I am trying not to look at any others... I have such a hard time making a choice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users