Lip Stain?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Melba

• 132 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

Anyone have one they recommend? I usually don't wear lipstick or lip stain because it always fades or comes off right after I put it on. I wanted something that would leave my lips colored for the day and I can just reapply a shiny lipgloss over top.

#2 becks

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:23 AM

Cover Girl Outlast. I've used it for years and years. It's inexpensive, but it works really well. Stays on all day. Wear it a few times before the wedding so you get used to it, but I swear by the stuff!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

Benefit has a cool lip stain called benetint.

Here is the sephora link to the best lipstains.

Lip Stain: Best Lip Stains at Sephora

#4 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

yup - I was going to reccomend Benefit too. I LOVE benetint!!! It's such a nice color and I'll even layer under lipstick/lipgloss sometimes since I'm terrible about remembering to reapply. At least there's a little color even after the gloss wears off.

I totally reccomend it! AND, you can even use it on your cheeks. Sounds weird, but honestly, it's amazing and by far the most natural looking cheek color I've ever used. go to Sephora and have them show you how to use it....you'll be impressed I think. :-)

#5 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:44 AM

Didnt Morgan have one she reccommended awhile back? I cant seem to find it via search. Maybe I am losing my mind on this one. This is why I started the "Tips from BDW" word document so now I wouldnt forget this great info.

#6 DLyteful

• 879 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

Wow, I didnt even think of a lip stain.... I dont wear makeup on a regular bases so something like this that I can just add gloss too would be great! I'm going to check out you girls suggestions. Thanks!

#7 Amy&Andy

• VIP Member
            • 3,405 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

Chanel makes a great one. Also, I use the Loreal color stay lipstick for everyday...the one in the silver mirrored case is very good.

#8 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:58 AM

Just so I don't start another thread, I was thinking long these same lines, but as far as what to wear during the ceremony and "THE KISS", I really love lip gloss and wear it all the time, but I do NOT want the color or sticky to come off on Doug when we kiss. Is there an all-day kind of lipgloss that the shiny part happens, but where it's not sticky and gets on him when you kiss?

I just re-read that and it's kind of confusing. The problem is my natural lip color is so light, not pretty and red like some girls. So I ALWAYS wear a colored or tinted gloss or stain. But it's always sticky! AND I'm NOT into the matte look. So I'm looking for something colored and glossy, but not sticky. Is that better?

#9 Melba

• 132 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

For the kiss - what about a lip stain and then a super shiny lip balm that isn't sticky? I normally just use Bliss minty lip balm stuff, but I don't know if they make it anymore. Or the Bigelow ones from Bath and Body works? Super shiny and minty and not sticky at all.

#10 Melba

• 132 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

Thanks for the recs I'll check those out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users