Photo

PV Restaurants

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 adeybaby

adeybaby
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:09 PM

My friend who was married in PV and has planned several events there sent along this mini-review for me. Thought I would share it with you, as well:

FANCY:
    -- Cafe Des Artistes: FABULOUS. A great treat for you and Mike, or possibly you two plus your families. Wonderful - my fave restaurant in PV.
    -- Kaiser Maximilian: I would NOT recommend this restaurant. It's written up in all the books, but it's really nothing extraordinary. It's just a regular restaurant with white tablecloths, but the food is not interesting or memorable. Skip it!

TRENDY:
    -- Vista Grill: This is PERFECT for your rehearsal dinner. I hope you and Mike make a reservation to eat dinner at Vista during your Feb visit. It's a nice open space with a view of all of PV. Excellent for your guests to get a sense of where they are. Loved it! I've been there twice. I put this under "trendy", but it is really a combo of a trendy restaurant with moderate-high prices (I remember it as moderate, but double-check).
    -- Bianco: Bar downstairs, dining upstairs. Everything is white and trendy. Fun.
    -- Fajita Republic: This restaurant has great fajitas in a trendy, outdoor space. Moderate/inexpensive pricing (I think around $15/plate).
    -- De Santos: Nice menu, interesting food. De Santos, Puerto Vallarta, M©xico

MODERATE:
    -- La Palapa: I didn't eat here, but heard nice things about it.
    -- Le Kliff: I hear it's a wonderful view, but we didn't eat here either.
    -- River Cafe: This is a great place for lunch, or possibly Sunday brunch. It is downtown PV and has a view over a little river. You will pass it when you are walking downtown, so keep an eye out or mark it on your map. I have had lunch there twice and was pleased both times.
    -- Trio: I haven't eaten here and it might fall in the high-end category, but I have heard great things about it.
    -- Red Cabbage Cafe: This is/was a Frida Kahlo inspired restaurant that I heard great things about but never made it there myself. It seems their website is down/disconnected, so I'm not sure they are still in business.

INEXPENSIVE/CASUAL:
    -- Chico's Paradise
    -- Daiquiri Dick's: On the beach, it was certainly fun for daiquiris (and we ate there)
    -- Pipi's: Supposed to be the best faijtas in PV.
    -Adrienne

#2 mexico15

mexico15
    • 250 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

Thanks! I have researched a ton about resturants...There are a few new ones in your list! Can't wait to check into them :) I wish I could have opt to not pay for the all-inclusive. It is such a great deal...but I love to try new places and see as much as I can.
      This is a great website to check out resturants for PV too: Puerto Vallarta & Banderas Bay Restaurants - PVMirror.com - E-Puerto Vallarta Travel Magazine - Where To Eat
      There are links to the resturants which offer some coupons.

#3 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

Caf© des artistes is my fave also!! it's beautiful and nice.. also the Bogarts (outside the NH Krystal) is faboulous too!!

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:32 PM

Thanks - great info.! When I was dress shopping in Chicago one of them clerks told me about this place - raved about it! (Cafe des Artistes)

#5 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
          • 413 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:01 PM

What great info - Thanks for sharing!
            Lindsay

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:14 AM

Thanks for the info . . . anyone know anything about Barcelona Tapas?

#7 anaderoux

anaderoux
              • 3,220 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by starchild
                Thanks for the info . . . anyone know anything about Barcelona Tapas?
                Is it in vallarta?? sounds great!!

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:31 AM

Yes, Barcelona Tapas is in Vallarta and is supposed to have an awesome patio overlooking the city. I hear the food is sooooo good and pretty inexpensive, but I've only read a few reviews on yahoo or something. I think I'll ask my WC . . .

#9 anaderoux

anaderoux
                  • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:18 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by starchild
                    Yes, Barcelona Tapas is in Vallarta and is supposed to have an awesome patio overlooking the city. I hear the food is sooooo good and pretty inexpensive, but I've only read a few reviews on yahoo or something. I think I'll ask my WC . . .
                    I'll go to vallarta on april probably,, I'll check it out!!

#10 Caletas_bridetobe

Caletas_bridetobe
                    • 45 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:41 PM

Try The Blue Shrimp, its downtown. Great food and atmosphere. Also if you are in Nuevo Vallarta go into Bucerias and try Marcos. They have live music, a great atmosphere and an awesome gift shop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users