Photo

Loose Tooth

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

Wow, my 5 year old just came and told me she has a baby tooth...I'm thinking "no kidding, you have many baby teeth"...what she showed me was actually another tooth growing in the back of one her front teeth (or tooth, lol). Now here I am wondering if I should pull the tooth out (the baby one of course) bc its pretty loose or just let it fall out on its one. agghhhhh. The joys of motherhood.

#2 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

There would be no option for me, with my children, it would have to fall out on it's own because they would freak if I tried to pull it out. Liam is turning 6 in april and so far no loose teeth. Good luck, what's the going rate for a tooth in your house, it's a toonie in ours.

#3 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
      • 1,830 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

I dont have a going rate for teeth yet, this is the 1st one she's losing. Hmmm, I should think about that. She's letting me wiggle it a little bit and she's moving it on her own also. So lets see.

#4 MissyR

MissyR
        • 1,210 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

Well I am officially not the expert but I would say either let it fall out - she migh wiggle it to death anyways - didn't we all?

#5 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:12 PM

it will come out on its own soon, I am sure, don't try to pull it she will freak.
          My step-mom used to give us silver dollars and we thought that was so cool and way better than any other amount of money
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

I think you guys are right, I should prob let it fall out on its own. I dont want to scare her, we have many more teeth that need to fall out eventually..LOL

#7 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
            • 985 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

I agree with the others, let her wiggle it until it falls out.

The toothfairy used to leave a loonie (1$) under the pillow, until one of my kids were staying with their G^Dad when they lost a tooth and the toothfairy in Arizona left $10!

I have a few notes to the toothfairy from my kids in my jewellry box along with some of the baby teeth.

#8 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

a couple of times I actually forgot to go into our daughters room after she fell asleep, she came in my room in the morning saying "mom, the tooth fairy never came" so I had to grab some money from my purse and run in there with her and say "lets search, maybe it fell behind the bed" and miraculously it would appear!

#9 dragonfly

dragonfly
                • 1,820 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Helen_S81
                  I agree with the others, let her wiggle it until it falls out.

The toothfairy used to leave a loonie (1$) under the pillow, until one of my kids were staying with their G^Dad when they lost a tooth and the toothfairy in Arizona left $10!

I have a few notes to the toothfairy from my kids in my jewellry box along with some of the baby teeth.
                  Whoa thats quite the jump, my step daughter gets $10.00 and a present! It use to be fun trying to explain to my son who was the same age as Bria, why his step-sister got so much. I told my kids that I had asked the tooth fairy to just leave a little and to give the rest of the money to kids who were hungry, that seemed to work, as for the present I just said that the tf didn't bring presents and I thought that Bria's mom must have had something to do with it, and I'm just not that nice, lol.

#10 Jessica

Jessica
                  • VIP Member
                  • 11,939 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

ewww. loose teeth freak me out. i hated having loose teeth when i was little. definitely let it fall out on it's own. yikes, i'm cringing just thinking of you pulling it out!

i didn't realize some kids got so much for teeth these days. that's crazy. i'm sticking with the $1 i used to get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users