STD Question - Tacky?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:53 AM

I have sent out a big part of my STDs, but not all. Is it tacky to hand give it to family you'll see on Easter? I told my FI we'll just get their addresses Sunday but he's like,"Why can't we just give it to them.. it's just save the dates."

#2 Kat81

• VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:54 AM

I say go for it.... I really doubt they will care. It is family afterall

#3 MelanieS

• 820 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

I think it would be fun for you to hand them out so everyone could open them at the same time. There will be lots of oohing and aahing, I'm sure!

#4 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

In my opinion its fine... but I mentioned giving mine out at Christmas to my grandma and she freaked saying I needed to mail that sort of thing. To save the conflict I mailed them... but IMHO you could easily just hand them out in person. :)

#5 BrittneyD

• 679 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

I hand delivered a lot of my STDs. We are sending out of formal invitations to day, and I thought about doing the same thing since we will be seeing a lot of people on Easter. I decided not to hand deliver them, because there will be people there that are not receiving invitations. I did not want to leave anyone out. If everyone that is there is receiving an STD, I see no problem in hand delivering.
            Brittney & Peter
            July 12, 2008
            Riu Ocho Rios

#6 boscobel

• VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:57 AM

I agree with all said above, and will repeat what I always say - you are doing a DW, so tradition is out the window, do what you want!

#7 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:57 AM

heck no! I would do that!

#8 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:58 AM

I did it at my job but we're all women and I was so excited to give it to them.. I'll go with your advice :)

(how funny is that I have to question what the FI says and see if you guys think it's ok)

#9 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

I think it would be very nice to hand deliver them. Seems more personal too!

#10 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,754 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

I don’t think its tacky at all! Well I did that for my formal invites and a few STD’s. i.e. I have an uncle who has 12 grown kids, who ALL have families. Every Tuesday they get together at their house. So this past Tuesday, I showed up and passed out my invites!

Today is my mom’s birthday, so those who show up will get theirs, and Saturday is my bridesmaid’s baby shower, so I’ll be giving more out then.

So no, I don’t think its tacky, and if it is, I don’t really care, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users