Sign in to follow this  
flygirl

Trouble with bridesmaid dresses

I know we've heard this a million times before, but I feel as though I need to vent...

I have 4 bridesmaids with varying financial status (ie two make a boat load of money and two are broke)

So I decided that I don't care what they wear, but I do want everyone in the same color so I chose white because there's really only one shade of white and then everyone can pick out their own dress. I thought this was was going to make it so easy and that the two with money can go and pick out a dress at JCrew or banana republic and the other two can find something at Old Navy or TJ Max (both of which i love). Well, I'm already hearing complaints!!!

No one thinks they'll be able to find white dresses. And one of them actually had the nerve to send me an e-mail that said if I really want them to buy dresses they'll be able to wear again then I shouldn't have picked white because besides my first holy communion and sorority induction when have I ever worn an all white dress? UGH!

I was considering changing my color and then my mom found out and told me to stick to my guns. I 'm half tempted to tell all four of them that my mom is coordinating the clothes and they have to go through her...that'll teach them. :-)

I haven't been shopping in forever so I have really no idea if it's going to be challenging to find white dresses outside of a bridal store. But it shouldn't be that difficult, right?

Okay, I feel a little better now that i got that out of my system smile159.gif

Solid white dresses are a little hard to find... I needed one not to long ago. A lot of them have other colors on them. But if they are going for the beach sundress look it should be easy. That was the only kind of white dress I could find. It was at a surf shop.

Old Navy has a bunch of all white stuff (including dresses) right now. I noticed it yesterday when I walked by the store... I didn't go in, so I'm not sure what they look like though.

No way not hard to find at all.... and like your mom said- stick to your guns. What about white house black makret. They always have really cute stuff there!

I was having the same problem, Stick to your guns!!! They can buy a white dress this summer and have before the wedding. One of my bm was not with the white dress, but oh well it's my wedding.

Geez, what is up with BMs complaining about dresses when the bride is nice enough to just pick a color. I've always wished I was in a wedding where the bride let me pick my own dress. There are websites where you can sort by color. It can't be that hard to find a white dress.

I hope I've never been that much of a PITA about a BM dress.

Nordstrom is one that offers a sort by color option. Have them look there. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult. I've seen pictures of all white wedding parties before- if they can do it, your girls can too.