Photo

Trouble with bridesmaid dresses

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 flygirl

flygirl
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

I know we've heard this a million times before, but I feel as though I need to vent...
    I have 4 bridesmaids with varying financial status (ie two make a boat load of money and two are broke)
    So I decided that I don't care what they wear, but I do want everyone in the same color so I chose white because there's really only one shade of white and then everyone can pick out their own dress. I thought this was was going to make it so easy and that the two with money can go and pick out a dress at JCrew or banana republic and the other two can find something at Old Navy or TJ Max (both of which i love). Well, I'm already hearing complaints!!!
    No one thinks they'll be able to find white dresses. And one of them actually had the nerve to send me an e-mail that said if I really want them to buy dresses they'll be able to wear again then I shouldn't have picked white because besides my first holy communion and sorority induction when have I ever worn an all white dress? UGH!
    I was considering changing my color and then my mom found out and told me to stick to my guns. I 'm half tempted to tell all four of them that my mom is coordinating the clothes and they have to go through her...that'll teach them. :-)
    I haven't been shopping in forever so I have really no idea if it's going to be challenging to find white dresses outside of a bridal store. But it shouldn't be that difficult, right?
    Okay, I feel a little better now that i got that out of my system

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:35 AM

Solid white dresses are a little hard to find... I needed one not to long ago. A lot of them have other colors on them. But if they are going for the beach sundress look it should be easy. That was the only kind of white dress I could find. It was at a surf shop.

#3 Bride010101

Bride010101
      • 1,547 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:46 AM

Old Navy has a bunch of all white stuff (including dresses) right now. I noticed it yesterday when I walked by the store... I didn't go in, so I'm not sure what they look like though.

#4 Kat81

Kat81
        • VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:49 AM

Here is a link to the dresses at Old Navy Women's & Men's Clothes: Plus Size, Maternity, Baby & Kid's Clothing | Old Navy

#5 Saraha

Saraha
          • 2,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

No way not hard to find at all.... and like your mom said- stick to your guns. What about white house black makret. They always have really cute stuff there!

#6 Golden

Golden
            • 354 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:57 AM

I was having the same problem, Stick to your guns!!! They can buy a white dress this summer and have before the wedding. One of my bm was not with the white dress, but oh well it's my wedding.

#7 Golden

Golden
              • 354 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:08 PM

This is one reason, I disolve the wedding party. If they show up that's cool, if not the wedding will going on w/o them.

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:14 PM

Geez, what is up with BMs complaining about dresses when the bride is nice enough to just pick a color. I've always wished I was in a wedding where the bride let me pick my own dress. There are websites where you can sort by color. It can't be that hard to find a white dress.

I hope I've never been that much of a PITA about a BM dress.

#9 jajajaja

jajajaja
                  • VIP Member
                  • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

Nordstrom is one that offers a sort by color option. Have them look there. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult. I've seen pictures of all white wedding parties before- if they can do it, your girls can too.
                    Happily married since 2008

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:21 PM

also dillards has color sorting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users