Photo

TA Quotes..How Early?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:04 AM

Everytime I tried getting a quote from TA's in my area, they said that they couldn't go that far ahead (I was looking a little over a year before my wedding) and they told me to wait until March-April of this year. So now my research begins.

#12 saraece

saraece
    • 289 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

Right now all the TA's I have talked to can't give accurate quotes for anytime after Oct. 31 2008. That is due to flights are not confirmed yet.
      Like our first kiss all over again

#13 jammies1234

jammies1234
      • 45 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:48 PM

Looking for a TA in Durham Region (Ontario)to help with a small wedding in Punta Cana April 2009...anyone have any suggestions?

#14 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
        • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:01 PM

double post

#15 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
          • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JODEY
            I have already booked for November 2009, I booked in Jan this year but I did struggle with some TA's you just have to be a bit pushy, if they want your business then they will give you the quotes, out TA has also let us have the 2008 prices which is really good, so my advice is keep on at them, good luck !
            In the states we have to wait until our suppliers have finished negotiating their contracts- this is usually accomplished for the more popular resorts anywhere from 14 months to 11 months out, the less popular or boutique style resorts usually get worked out at 12 months to 10 months.

Group rates can sometimes come in a little sooner but can be more expensive than if you waited. Of course each resort chain is a bit different so there are no hard and fast rules!

#16 MissyR

MissyR
            • 1,210 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:54 AM

We had our group rate locked in with Air Canada Vacations in early February for our wedding which is November 27, 2008!

#17 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
              • 413 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:59 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jammies1234
                Looking for a TA in Durham Region (Ontario)to help with a small wedding in Punta Cana April 2009...anyone have any suggestions?
                I know this is late - but I sent you a PM

Lindsay

#18 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                • 2,262 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JODEY
                  I have already booked for November 2009, I booked in Jan this year but I did struggle with some TA's you just have to be a bit pushy, if they want your business then they will give you the quotes, out TA has also let us have the 2008 prices which is really good, so my advice is keep on at them, good luck !
                  Jodey who did you use? I can't get any prices until end of this month at the earliest of May 2009 no matter how hard I push and I've been pushing lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users