AUGUST '08 brides!!

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#231 Celina

Celina
  • Banned
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:51 AM

EEEEeeekkkk for both of you! I am so excited for you both!!!
    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#232 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:59 AM

ok becks, give me your list of whats left and then ill type up mine

my boss keeps asking me "are you ready?" - i am gonna punch his lights out if he asks me one more time. maybe if he didnt give me so much work to do the week before i leave, i WOULD be ready!

#233 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:01 PM

I was very productive today.

I finalized all the data for transfers between the hotel and airport, finished printing up the various things...

I've packed most of the wedding stuff into our two big suitcases (I'll travel with just my little one.) Now I'm just down to the errandy-y stuff.

My makeup artist is coming over tomorrow night for another walk thru.

I got picture frames for the table numbers last night (Michael's is having a 40% off sale - spent $33 for 11 frames!!)

Now it's mostly about making sure Chris has everything he needs, and getting my personal stuff packed.

woohoo!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#234 EricaG

EricaG
    • 1,915 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

You two will get everything done and ready in time. It seems so overwhelming eh? In 3 1/2 months that will be me, but for the time being, our legal day is creepying up quick. On friday I realized that it was exactly 2 weeks until we are legally wed. OMG!

Good luck with the finishing touches and the packing girls!!!
      http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#235 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:15 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by becks
      I LIVE for my packing list. Couldn't survive without it. Actually, I'll attach it. There's way too much info on it, but you can clean it up and do with it what you want.

I'm carrying my flowers on - it's just the one bouquet. Chris' bout and my hair flowers will go in my luggage.

I've already enlisted my niece and nephews to do the assembly line for the bags when we arrive. I'll get to spend time with them and will buy them off with something fun.

I finished my day of timelines for the girlfriends. Let me know if you want it, and I'll send it your way.
      maybe its not a bad idea to put my bouquet inside my garment bag with my dress? LOL just wrap it in tissue paper and tuck it in the middle of my skirt at the bottom of the bag.

can you email me your packing list and your day-of timeline? that would be so awesome :)

#236 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • LocationNew York

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Maura
      maybe its not a bad idea to put my bouquet inside my garment bag with my dress? LOL just wrap it in tissue paper and tuck it in the middle of my skirt at the bottom of the bag.

can you email me your packing list and your day-of timeline? that would be so awesome :)
      Done. Just be warned about the timeline. It's very, very pink.

#237 michaela

michaela
      • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:48 AM

OMG! I just found this forum and my wedding date is August, 16th. Now that I have seen how extensive these to-do lists are I am getting scared. I leave on August 10th and I still have to get so much taken care of!

#238 403citygirl

403citygirl
        • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:57 AM

oh my gosh, girls.. it's next week!!!! I have most things set aside but not physically packed into the suitcase yet. I'm thinking of bringing the wedding gown in a garment bag as a carry on.. I don't want to risk losing it or getting it wrinkled too badly in a suitcase full of stuff. We're going to buy travel insurance on Friday, then we leave on Sunday!!

#239 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • LocationNew York

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:57 AM

Don't worry. Just keep a piece of paper in your handbag at all times and write stuff down as it comes to you. You'll be just fine!

#240 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • LocationNew York

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:06 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by 403citygirl
          oh my gosh, girls.. it's next week!!!! I have most things set aside but not physically packed into the suitcase yet. I'm thinking of bringing the wedding gown in a garment bag as a carry on.. I don't want to risk losing it or getting it wrinkled too badly in a suitcase full of stuff. We're going to buy travel insurance on Friday, then we leave on Sunday!!
          Definitely carry your dress on. Do NOT risk it getting lost. It's just not worth it. I saw a show on the travel channel this last weekend - there's a store where they buy lost luggage from the airlines (stuff that's 180 days old or something) and resell it. They had several huge racks of wedding dresses.

Can you imagine if you saw yours on this show??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users