Photo

Newbie Looking for Advice :)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 hammstephanie

hammstephanie
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

Hello to all the destination brides out there! :)

My name is Stephanie and I found this destination wedding forum in hopes of getting suggestions for finding the perfect Resort in the Riviera Maya, Mexico for a March 2009 Wedding!

Initially, my finance and I had our hearts set on the El Dorado Royale, but as we began budgeting the dinner after our wedding ceremony, the reception on the beach, photographer, wedding cake, etc. It started to become just as expensive as a wedding in our home town!

We are still leaving El Dorado Royale on the table, but are trying to research other resorts before making our final decision.. We've found this to be difficult with the contradicting opinions of family, friends, and internet blogs. Our travel agent also seems partial to particular resorts that don't appear to be all that great by looking at the pictures on their website (The Iberostar Resorts) -

So any tips, hints, or advice from brides out there, we would much appreciate any input you have!

Thank you in advance... I hope to hear from you soon!! :)

Steph (The Bride)

#2 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
    • 1,565 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

welcome to the forum. you will find so much useful information on here and couples with great advice.

happy planning :)

#3 Aimless911

Aimless911
      • 391 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:48 PM

& Congratulations!!! You've definitely come to the right place!!! There are some amazing and talented people on this site!

#4 mdw2dtw

mdw2dtw
        • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

Steph. Sorry can't offer any suggestions on the resorts, having the same problem. I finally had to stop looking at the reviews on tripadvisor. Good luck, atleast you have more time than me...March 2009. I'm still trying to find a resort for this year

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

DONT READ TRIPADVISOR!

that is my best advice. oh, and dont let family influence where you pick. pick whatever you and your fiance want.

you should get lots of good ideas here!

#6 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:38 PM

Hi Stephanie!

Welcome to the forum!!

Happy planning!

#7 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
            • VIP Member
            • 3,405 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

Welcome! I hope you are able to pull off the destination wedding like you have your hearts set on! There are plenty of good ideas on this forum on how to save a few pennies and DIY some items....hopefully that will keep you in budget! Good luck!

#8 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
              • 1,213 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:14 PM

Welcome to the forum, Steph! Happy planning!

#9 Autumn

Autumn
                • 1,166 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:17 PM

welcome to the forum, and congrats!! you've definitely come to the right place to get great info and advice!

#10 Bride010101

Bride010101
                  • 1,547 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

Welcome! Hopefully you can find what you need here... there is tons of great info! If not, I've found that TA specializing in destination weddings are amazing to work with to help find the perfect resort for you and your guests. Good luck and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users