dress disaster!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 mooretiggr

• 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

So I finally picked a dress... and sent all the others back (online orders).. and 2 weeks later, with 2 weeks to go, it doesn't fit me! It did, now it doesn't. Everyone loses weight before the wedding, how do I gain 8 pounds in 2 weeks! And I know my body, I won't be losing it.... I've got 8 years in the military, I know my body and how it works- so please no phoo-phooing it, trust me when I say it won't be gone.
    Where can I get a dress with 2 weeks notice? I'm slightly pear-shaped, very simple taste and hate satin with a passion. Can anyone give any advice?? Oh geez....
    Oh what a year!

#2 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

You poor thing! Most bridal shops sell their dresses off the rack - and usually you get a discount for buying them off the rack - I am sure you will be able to find one with no problem - good luck!

#3 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

Try calling around to bridal stores, they often have sample sales (aka off the rack). You may need to get it cleaned but its worth a shot!

#4 -Kate-

• VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:09 PM

Find a nice salon and tell them the deal. Hopefully they will have off the rack stuff for you. David's Bridal will be a great place to start because they have a lot in stock.

#5 BarefootBride

• 1,266 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

OMG!!! Okay.. there is Davids Bridal, JCrew, Nordstrom. I have an extra dress. I have been trying to sell but it might not make it to you in time... First go online and check Nordstrom and JCrew first. Good Luck!!!

#6 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

Ann Taylor also sells off the rack wedding gowns! good luck!

#7 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:16 PM

Can you just get it altered a little? Usually theres room on the back of the dress.

#8 antonia321

• 122 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:26 PM

Is it possible to get it altered? I bought my dress at a sample sale and its a size 10. I'm a size 4! The seamstress did a wonderful job!

Also, you can consider a bustier to give you more padding. Just don't make it a tightening one. One of my bridesmaids is thinking of doing that since her strapless became loose in lieu of taking it in.

Good Luck!

#9 mooretiggr

• 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:34 PM

Sadly no, it's a mermaid style dress and my weight has gained in the hips, there is not enough seam to make it fit again. :-(
                  Oh what a year!

#10 jmill130

• 601 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:43 PM

E-bay has a ton of dresses... they may have one like the one you had! You can select to buy it now and have it a day! Good luck, hang in there! All things happen for reasons... maybe you'll love your new dress even more:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users