• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 teacherbride

teacherbride
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JulieG
    I got married in Cuba at Playa Pesquero in Holguin. It was perfect. I loved every minute of it. If you need any info contact me. I have the wedding coordinator's email address and she was amazing.

I was debatting between PP and Paradisus Rio De Oro which was suggested, but we had kids and kids are not allowed a Paradisus. So, it was an easy choice for me.

Let me know if you need any advice.
    For some reason I can't figure out how to PM you. Just curious, does Play Pesq. have more than one area where you can get married? Do they offer chair covers?

I would love to get some more info from you

#22 Lorraine

Lorraine
    • 14 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

hi playa pesquero offers you 2 places to get married at,the beach or the gazebo, we chose the beach, as for chair covers i don,t know as there was just the 2 of us.i,m sorry but i don,t understand when you say ;how to pm you; not sure what that means.xx

#23 teacherbride

teacherbride
      • 354 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:24 AM

Sorry folks, I'm still new and didn't figure out how to send a PM (private message) until earlier this evening.

Does anyone have pictures of a wedding in the gazebo?

#24 Lorraine

Lorraine
        • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:57 AM

hi i don,t have pictures of the gazebo i have pictures of our ceremony on the beach if that is any good.xx

#25 babyg

babyg
          • 73 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

Hey There
            I am also going to be a cuban bride

We booked Playa Casa Verde ... Holguin. The resort is right beside Play pesquero but is smaller - 480 rooms. I did try to book playa pesquero but we had some glitch with the date... and the price was better at play casa verde.

Our wedding date is Dec 29/08.

If you want any details on feel free to PM me. I had done about 2 months of nonstop research prior to booking.
            Terri and John

#26 teacherbride

teacherbride
            • 354 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:35 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by babyg

We booked Playa Casa Verde ... Holguin. The resort is right beside Play pesquero but is smaller - 480 rooms. I did try to book playa pesquero but we had some glitch with the date... and the price was better at play casa verde.

Our wedding date is Dec 29/08.

Wow, that is our planned wedding date too and we are looking at Playa Pesquero. Can I ask what the glitch was with the date? Also, how much is it costing per person to get there? I just got some quotes back from Puerta Vallarta and they're completely unrealistic. I'm feeling like we're gonna have to push the wedding back a month to make it work.

#27 melody

melody
              • 236 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:18 AM

You are all so lucky :-) I believe once the embargo is lifted( and the end of the communism regime of course), There are a lot of american companies waiting to invest there, and the rich history and architecture, the most beautiful beaches in the world and the friendly people, Cuba will be a favorite vacation spot and a top destination wedding for americans.

#28 teacherbride

teacherbride
                • 354 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:32 AM

Haven't heard from any of you Cuba brides in a while. How's the planning going? Any more advice on locations?

We're now considering Barcelo Maya Palace, as well. The location looks nice although I'm a little worried about all the reports about crazy mosquitoes on trip advisor.

Anyone been there? In January?

#29 babyg

babyg
                  • 73 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

Hey Teacherbride

Planning is going well. I booked Playa Costa Verde for our wedding Dec 29th. I have 18 people booked including us (so far). I found a dress .... now I need to do the oot bags and stuff, but there is still lots of time.

So you are considering Mexico - Barcelo Maya Palace? The place looks beautiful. The Mayan was where I was considering at first.

Best of luck with planning.
                    Babyg
                    Terri and John

#30 teacherbride

teacherbride
                    • 354 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:52 AM

Oops, I made a mistake. I meant Barcelo MARINA Palace. It's in Varadero.

I guess that's what happens after spending WAY too many hours browsing the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users