Photo

Difference between Silk & dried flower petals???

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

Which one lasts longer? Any pro's or cons? I don't know anything about flowers, so i definetly need help on this one. I'm getting married in Jamaica and I want to bring some flowers with me, but I'm not sure how they will hold up against the humidity and travel. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!!

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

you can't take dried ones with you. You'd have to buy them there.

#3 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
      • 802 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:20 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan
        you can't take dried ones with you. You'd have to buy them there.

why is that Morgan. I wouldn't be able to get those through customs? Could I take the silk ones......and if so, how long do they last?

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by md_ocr
          why is that Morgan. I wouldn't be able to get those through customs? Could I take the silk ones......and if so, how long do they last?

yes, you can't take them through customs. Silk ones would last a long time. Just like silk flowers. As long as they are in a box they wouldn't get dusty or tattered & should last a really long time.

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t16497

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t8294

#7 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
              • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:26 PM

My freeze dried rose petals were taken away during a customs search upon arrival in Mexico...I don't know what the rules are about taking "Plants" aka freeze dried rose petals to Jamaica are though... I was bummed when they took mine away
                My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#8 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                • 802 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jessalyn
                  My freeze dried rose petals were taken away during a customs search upon arrival in Mexico...I don't know what the rules are about taking "Plants" aka freeze dried rose petals to Jamaica are though... I was bummed when they took mine away

OMG!!!! Are you serious! I would be so upset if this happens. I would just get them at the resort,but they are so darn expensive!!

#9 aeroo

aeroo
                  • 153 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:23 AM

My sister's friend got married in Jamaica and they brought over tons of fresh flowers (her mom is a florist) and kept them in the fridge until the wedding day and everything turned out fine. That being said, I don't know if they got lucky and customs didn't check, or if it was just okay to bring them. You'll have to check their customs regulations just to be sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users