Free excursions/things to do in Cabo

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

I wanted to make a list of all the "free" excusion and/or things to do in Cabo for my guests. Anyone know of any?

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:13 AM

No, but I did this for my guests in PV where there is good stuff to see for free. Does Cabo have a malecon/boardwalk? Any natural scenery where they could do a self-guided hike or tour? A place where street performers gather? Look for free museums and exhibits that may be there during your wedding week too. Good luck :)

#3 unikphoto

unikphoto
      • Vendor
      • 87 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

Well, I don't know what exactly you mean by "free", but going to lovers beach is surely nice, no really swimmable, but the sites are gorgeous, I believe it's one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and the water taxi isn't expensive at all, they drop you off there and pick you up at your desired time, just take some goodies with you, cause there's no food there nor beverages. Well, there are some opportunistic vendors there, only a few who cash in on unprepared turists.
        marTin

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:24 PM

theres an art gallery walk for free on thursdays in san jose del cabo. i have the info somewhere, but will have to look for it on my computer at home.

#5 unikphoto

unikphoto
        • Vendor
        • 87 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

You guys may also visit the new main plaza in San Jose , it's really nice and they have even closed the access to cars and got rid of the pavement, so it is really friendly now, with a nice big fountain. I must for visitors.

#6 coreyphil

coreyphil
          • 497 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

Leia -

I would DEFINITELY recommend the art walk in San Jose - we actually didn't get to see as many of the galleries as I would have liked because our welcome dinner was on Thursday night. Basically all of the galleries stay open late and serve wine ... they are really nice and have some amazing works!

Also - it's not free, but it's a pretty cheap all-day activity --- SURFING! We absolutely LOVED surfing with Costa Azul. The owner's name is Alejandro Oleo and he is wonderful. He makes surfboards and his family owns a number of shops around Mexico. He provides private lessons and we all fell in love with his operation. For $55 per person you get the board, wetsuit, and shoes plus one hour of private instruction --- the great part is that you can keep it all day. He is a great instructor - my son had a blast. Alejandro is also very safe and has an amazing ability to keep an eye on everyone ... Some of the members of our group went 3 days! You surf on the beach by Cabo Surf - so you can eat lunch there ... it is fun just spending the entire day at the beach and watching all the surfers. Costa Azul has a tent that they set up where you can leave all of your things, they also have beach chairs for you to hang out in ... Everyone on the beach was super-nice and friendly. We loved it!

I'll try to think of other freebie / cheap activities! :)

#7 Saraha

Saraha
            • 2,597 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:57 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by coreyphil
              Leia -

I would DEFINITELY recommend the art walk in San Jose - we actually didn't get to see as many of the galleries as I would have liked because our welcome dinner was on Thursday night. Basically all of the galleries stay open late and serve wine ... they are really nice and have some amazing works!

Also - it's not free, but it's a pretty cheap all-day activity --- SURFING! We absolutely LOVED surfing with Costa Azul. The owner's name is Alejandro Oleo and he is wonderful. He makes surfboards and his family owns a number of shops around Mexico. He provides private lessons and we all fell in love with his operation. For $55 per person you get the board, wetsuit, and shoes plus one hour of private instruction --- the great part is that you can keep it all day. He is a great instructor - my son had a blast. Alejandro is also very safe and has an amazing ability to keep an eye on everyone ... Some of the members of our group went 3 days! You surf on the beach by Cabo Surf - so you can eat lunch there ... it is fun just spending the entire day at the beach and watching all the surfers. Costa Azul has a tent that they set up where you can leave all of your things, they also have beach chairs for you to hang out in ... Everyone on the beach was super-nice and friendly. We loved it!

OMG I soooo want to do that...I have always wanted to do that. Thanks for the recommendation.

#8 happyone

happyone
              • 223 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:16 PM

This is a great post! I'll try to do some research to help us all out.

#9 unikphoto

unikphoto
                • Vendor
                • 87 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

Oh, yes, the art galleries have some really exquisite art work. They are small galleries, but what they have is really unique. I loved the old, old paited doors, showing some kind of lifestyle paiting over them. I thought that was amazing and quite original,
                  martin
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by coreyphil
                  Leia -

#10 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
                  • 141 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

What I can tell You is....

Art Walk in San Jose
                    Walking near the Stuary at San Jose (Right beside Presidente Hotel, don't swim on the ocean though)
                    Visiting Lover's Beach at Cabo (fair swimmable)
                    Dune Buggy's tours at Buggy Adventures)

These ones are free/cheap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users