Photo

EDR-Water ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 animaldoc

animaldoc
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:17 PM

Does anyone know if it is safe to drink the water at EDR? I know at some resorts, like Moon Palace, they filter the water and it is safe. I don't think this has been mentioned on any reviews.

Thanks

#2 shannon

shannon
    • 772 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

From what I've read-- all major resorts filter their water; however, it's still highly recommended for guests to drink only bottled water (EDR provides bottled water in the minibar every morning). I don't know first-hand, but the filter allows you to have ice in your drink, etc-- where if you are off resort, you shouldn't even order ice in your drink....
      Not sure if I'm completely correct with this--- but that's kinda what I've gathered.....

#3 MelanieS

MelanieS
      • 820 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

We stayed at El Dorado Seaside Suites last May. They provided plenty of bottled water in the rooms (bathroom sink, by the coffeemaker, in the fridge). We used bottled water exclusively, even to brush our teeth, and didn't have any health problems. I assume EDR will also provide unlimited bottled water. They were pretty skimpy with ice in the drinks, but there were no problems with it, either.

#4 pryzeless

pryzeless
        • 614 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

They do purify the water and have plenty of bottled water in the room. The water in the shower tasted a little funny (don't ask) and I think the water from the sink did too but I don't remember that exactly. All the drinks from the bar made with water or ice were fine. We did not get sick at all.

#5 brigopens

brigopens
          • 247 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:11 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by pryzeless
            They do purify the water and have plenty of bottled water in the room. The water in the shower tasted a little funny (don't ask) and I think the water from the sink did too but I don't remember that exactly. All the drinks from the bar made with water or ice were fine. We did not get sick at all.
            Same story here. We drank bottled water, but had no problem using tap water on the resort to brush teeth, etc...

We had a total of 52 guests and while I won't pretend to know everything about each of them, there was nobody who visibly struggled with or admitted to GI problems due to water.
            Our Bridal Party in Mexico

#6 animaldoc

animaldoc
            • 91 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:01 PM

Thank you for the responses, I am sure we will be fine!

#7 bre

bre
              • 205 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:50 PM

Neither DH or I had any issues on either of our trips there. As far as we know, no guests got sick. The shower and sink water smells like sulfur. I think this is because they might treat water from the mangroves, but that is just a guess!
                Bre & Pete
                January 19, 2008
                El Dorado Royale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users